5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about UCAs for 6” lift

Brunzca

Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure what I need to do here, so hoping for some clarity…

Currently, I have a 3” front/1“ rear level, and replaced the stock UCAs with the Rough Country ones when I had that done. I’m going to be having a 6” lift installed in the next couple weeks, but now realizing that those UCAs may not work with the lift. Per RC’s website, those UCAs only work with a 3-3.5 lift, not a 6” lift.

The kit my mechanic is planning to install (RC) doesn’t come with UCA’s, so I assume that I would need to find and go back to the stock ones. I checked Maxtrac, and Fabtech too, but those don’t come with UCAs, either, so it looks like that’s standard. (Options are limited for 2WD)

Does this all sound accurate? These 6” lift kits need the standard, crappy UCAs, and the modified angle on the RC UCAS wont work with them? The mechanic didn’t say anything about the UCAs when got a quote for the lift, I honestly think he forgot they were switched out, and I didn’t realize it would be an issue until this morning.

thx

Brunzca

Reaction score
Update: I called Maxtrac today, and confirmed that their kits WILL work (at least the 2WD ones, didn’t ask about 4WD) with the RC UCAs. So, now I’m going with a Maxtrac lift kit, instead, just to be sure.

Hopefully this helps someone else later.

Users who are viewing this thread