5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about towing package

2021REBEL

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I ordered a 2021 ram rebel but did not get the towing package on it. I was wondering if it comes with s some towing like electrical and a hitch receiver still? I would be towing a small trailer with a jet ski so that’s all I would need.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2021REBEL

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I ordered a 2021 ram rebel but did not get the towing package on it. I was wondering if it comes with s some towing like electrical and a hitch receiver still? I would be towing a small trailer with a jet ski so that’s all I would need.

Thanks in advance.

e28e463b3076024eaf1257d97c6ec951.jpg

This is my build sheet

Maple

Reaction score
You should be fine, Ram "tow package" is generally a trailer brake controller and mirrors that aren't as nice as the ones you would otherwise get. Nothing you would need for a jet ski trailer. This link: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing may have more info (not sure if Canadian vehicles would show up in it).

2021REBEL

Reaction score
You should be fine, Ram "tow package" is generally a trailer brake controller and mirrors that aren't as nice as the ones you would otherwise get. Nothing you would need for a jet ski trailer. This link: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing may have more info (not sure if Canadian vehicles would show up in it).

Thanks man! How would I check the status? I am in Ontario, Canada.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks man! How would I check the status? I am in Ontario, Canada.

Your dealer can check the current build status, I was kept updated by my salesman as the truck moved along without even asking.

Your truck should still include the standard receiver and electrical hookups needed for a smaller trailer. I didn’t get the tow package but opted to add the brake controller separate as I don’t care for the big fold out mirrors.

Once you get a vin number you can usually view your window sticker and detailed build sheet that shows all of the items specific to your truck.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Rebel will come with the classIV receiver and 4/7 pin trailer connection. You’d need to add the trailer brake controller for anything over 5,000lbs, but should be good to go without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online