5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about switching to Rebel Wheels and tires?

bcwood64

Reaction score
Hey guys so I’m going to be picking up a set of OEM Rebel Wheels & Tires for my BTS Bighorn in the near future.

I was wondering since the tires are larger would my 3.92 rear gear ratio change as well or would it just stay the same since the Rebel probably comes with the same rear axle as my current one?

Kyles

Reaction score
Hey guys so I’m going to be picking up a set of OEM Rebel Wheels & Tires for my BTS Bighorn in the near future.

I was wondering since the tires are larger would my 3.92 rear gear ratio change as well or would it just stay the same since the Rebel probably comes with the same rear axle as my current one?
Rebel has 3.92 gears also but tires and rims wouldn’t make ratio change, you would have to change the gearing with a new diff.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Rebel does come with the 3.92 also. The overall size isn't too terribly different (about 1" in height). Your speedo will read about 2 MPH lower than actual speed (60 MPH indicated, 62.4 actual). There are ways to correct the speedo error (Tazer, tuner, AlfaOBD?, etc) if it bothers you.
Screenshot_20210402-192810_Samsung Internet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread