5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Speaker Upgrade

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For some reason with the bass blocker I still feel the tweeter moving as bass hits I take the bass out from the control panel I don’t feel anything. Wondering if the bass blockers are actually working or am I missing something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fc58b922835da79bce80d75252b1ebee.jpg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason with the bass blocker I still feel the tweeter moving as bass hits I take the bass out from the control panel I don’t feel anything. Wondering if the bass blockers are actually working or am I missing something

fc58b922835da79bce80d75252b1ebee.jpg
Try taking the bass blocker off and see if they move more...
They limit some of the bass, not all of it.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok I think I got it figured out damn it.
The factory capacitor is 197hz anything above that 198hz is coming through. The 600hz bass blocker I got is blocking everything below that. My question is can these infinity speakers handle 198hz and up?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone using these 3.5 you going to have to clip them a little to get them to seat correctly
aecbbb028e7eefcbe00565018ead9fae.jpg

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone using these 3.5 you going to have to clip them a little to get them to seat correctly
aecbbb028e7eefcbe00565018ead9fae.jpg

No you don't. Work harder at it and maybe rotate it 180 degrees. I've installed those in 4 trucks and never clipped a damn thing lol.

MartinXx

Reaction score
There is no problem in changing the speakers. Just try to change the dash speakers too to some nice infinity 3.5s and believe me it will be a crazy upgrade.

Bitwise

Reaction score
On the base 6 speaker system you get a full range signal on all of the speakers. So you can use two or three way speakers for every location.
For the '9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer' option, is that 9 amplified speakers including the subwoofer? So 2 extra speakers over the base 6 speaker system plus a subwoofer? Where are the speaker locations for the '9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer' compared to the base 6 speakers?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
For the '9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer' option, is that 9 amplified speakers including the subwoofer? So 2 extra speakers over the base 6 speaker system plus a subwoofer? Where are the speaker locations for the '9 Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer' compared to the base 6 speakers?
9 Speakers + Subwoofer. 10 total.
3 in dash
1 in each door
2 in the roof liner
1 subwoofer behind passenger-side rear seat.

6 base speakers:
1 on each side of the dash (center one is not occupied)
1 in each door.

Base:
i2545638.jpg

Alpine:
i2545636.jpg

HK:
i2545637.jpg

Last edited:

Kingnothing

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is wiring in the center spot in the dash of the base system? Would it be easy to add a center speaker in the dash?

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is wiring in the center spot in the dash of the base system? Would it be easy to add a center speaker in the dash?

There is no simple way to add a center channel and make it sound well without the use of a DSP and even then it is a pain.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
No wiring but it has pretty easy access from the front if you remove the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread