5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Ramcharger

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about the RamCharger to suggest that it wouldn't work just as well as a conventional ICE vehicle in a scenario where it sits idling for long periods. I mean, why would it be less capable in that scenario?

The Pentastar can sit their running while the vehicle is idling, keeping the batteries topped up (if desired - maybe not, if you know you're going to plug it into a charger overnight), as well as running lights, heat, A/C, or whatever.

What I cannot see is a department with limited vehicles having pure EVs. What do you do when a natural disaster comes along (like a hurricane, earthquake, or whatever) that results in electricity being out for a few days or a week? Now your department has vehicles that are disabled because the power is out and they can't be charged??

The RamCharger design (i.e. series hybrid) seems actually pretty ideal for this kind of usage. Charge it from a plug when you can, but you CAN run it 24/7 just by pumping in gasoline. And if you sometimes want to have it "idle" for long periods, you can potentially do so without burning any gasoline at all - or, at least, burn a LOT less gasoline than a conventional ICE vehicle.

I like the concept as well. I'd prefer gas all around but of course that won't happen so this is next best. The details matter though, engine RPMs at various speed shouldn't be intrusive, so if you're sitting at a stoplight then I don't want to hear the thing buzzing at > 3000 rpms etc.

The problem with the charger is that its not green enough for the half wits in gov't forcing these environmental decisions. They know gas will still be used a lot in these vehicles and they want all electric at all costs.

Users who are viewing this thread