5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about plastic covers in bed.

InFamous

Reaction score
I had my spray in liner done and picked it up today. I noticed that these plastic covers are loose. I pried out the tabs a bit and there a little more snug but still a bit loose. I honestly don’t remember them on my 4th Gen Ram. I don’t know if they were loose before the liner was put in, wasn’t really paying attention. So two questions.

1) Does anyone know if they were loose before the liner?

2) What are they for/what are they covering up and its purpose?

P.S. I know they’re covering up holes... C275952B-5B41-4C00-B0A5-7F8362C1BAF3.jpeg 75414EE7-476E-424E-A77E-18782722ED08.jpeg

Rambunktious

Reaction score
I had my spray in liner done and picked it up today. I noticed that these plastic covers are loose. I pried out the tabs a bit and there a little more snug but still a bit loose. I honestly don’t remember them on my 4th Gen Ram. I don’t know if they were loose before the liner was put in, wasn’t really paying attention. So two questions.

1) Does anyone know if they were loose before the liner?

2) What are they for/what are they covering up and its purpose?

P.S. I know they’re covering up holes... View attachment 67460 View attachment 67461
Those openings are for the bed lights that come with certain options, like the Bed Utility Group, and I think they're available on some of the higher-end models, like the Limited and Limited Longhorn, but someone else may correct me on that. Here's an install video that provides more information:

InFamous

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick answer, I sort of figured that may be what they are for.

Anyone else's loose before/after install of spray in liner?

InFamous

Reaction score
Thanks man. The clips definitely aren't broken so maybe I just have to bend them back out a bit more.

Sherran

Reaction score
When I picked my truck up only my passenger side one was loose. I have factory spray-in. Modified it a bit and it's snug now.

InFamous

Reaction score
When I picked my truck up only my passenger side one was loose. I have factory spray-in. Modified it a bit and it's snug now.

What exactly did you do to "modify" it? Just curious in case prying out the tabs don't work out.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My bed liner was done after I bought the truck, and the company that did the liner left the covers in. So they were nice and tight because they had bed liner over the top. I had to cut them out when I installed the OEM bed light kit.

Users who are viewing this thread