5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about lift or leveling....

stepbill

Reaction score
Not sure yet what I want to do. To lift (using Bilstein B8 5100's) or to level (using Motofab 2.5" spacer)
1.. Which would be easier to install?
2. I would not do any off roading but do tow a camper. Which would give me the best ride?

I do have the ORP and would have a friend do the install for me.

Thanks for your advice! Well, maybe........... :unsure:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spacers will be easier to install since you don't need to remove the spring from the shock. Bilstein's will give a better ride overall.

My 2" spacers should be arriving today, and I'll probably install them by myself. If I got shocks I'd probably take it to a shop since you have to compress the coils to get the shock out.

RamSport96

Reaction score
I put a ReadyLift levelling kit on my truck, rides just as smooth as stock no change and looks great!

valleysnyper

Reaction score
I am new here, new to lifts and leveling. What will a leveling kit gain me for my 2019 Ram 1500 / How do I tell what size kit do I put on ? I measured front and back from fender to center of the axle and there is only 1" difference. I am assuming a 2' kit would be what I am looking for ? I would think the weight of the truck would sag the suspension 1". I don't wanna go real big on the tires, maybe go up a size or 2 from the original--275/55R20. Whats the biggest I can put on these stock rims ? Thanks for everyone's help...Gary

ThisIsAmerica

Reaction score
I am new here, new to lifts and leveling. What will a leveling kit gain me for my 2019 Ram 1500 / How do I tell what size kit do I put on ? I measured front and back from fender to center of the axle and there is only 1" difference. I am assuming a 2' kit would be what I am looking for ? I would think the weight of the truck would sag the suspension 1". I don't wanna go real big on the tires, maybe go up a size or 2 from the original--275/55R20. Whats the biggest I can put on these stock rims ? Thanks for everyone's help...Gary
I also have the same question if anyone can please throw in some input! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread