5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Exhaust Tips

Gregbj33

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just put the MBRP cut and clamp muffler in the truck along with the B2 Fab resonator delete pipes. I want to go to a bigger tip but also would like to do mbrp tips to keep the theme going. Can anyone confirm the following?
-what size pipe is on the factory tip just past the ball flange as that would be the inlet size I would need? I think it’s 2.5” but not certain.
-can I buy a ball flange pipe that will fit on the truck with a bigger pipe diameter, maybe a 3” or 3.5” pipe so I can go bigger inlet on the new tips?

thanks in advance!

Novenom09

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I just put the MBRP cut and clamp muffler in the truck along with the B2 Fab resonator delete pipes. I want to go to a bigger tip but also would like to do mbrp tips to keep the theme going. Can anyone confirm the following?
-what size pipe is on the factory tip just past the ball flange as that would be the inlet size I would need? I think it’s 2.5” but not certain.
-can I buy a ball flange pipe that will fit on the truck with a bigger pipe diameter, maybe a 3” or 3.5” pipe so I can go bigger inlet on the new tips?

thanks in advance!
It's 2.25 inches coming out of the b2 resonator delete kit. I also have the MBRP muffler and their 4.5 inch dual wall tip. I got it to work with some fabrication but I'm not crazy about it so I just ordered the Flowmaster resonator delete kit. That kit ties in to the same spot as the B2 but it goes up to 2.5 inch immediately so I will be able to easily clamp my tips to it.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Side note; I just got an MBRP cut and clamp... how do you like it? And is it bad in ECO mode when it engages? I am looking to possibly do the resonator delete kit as well but for now they will be there... and have you towed heavy with it? Thank you in advance.

Gregbj33

Reaction score
I like it. Not super loud but you hear it when I get on it. Eco mode does have its moments but mostly not bad. I haven’t towed. What I do love about it when cruising you barely hear it until u step on it to pass, and that I love.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Yeah. I braved it yesterday and got mine installed. Wife wasn’t happy as I’m fighting some back issues and am on some heavy meds. But I can’t sit all day in a house with it being 70 degrees out.

It does sound good though. I am thinking of removing the resonators on the rear so I ditch the “airy” sound that faintly there and get more of that Hemi noise… but I don’t want it to be to crazy as I’ll be towing and I know that a little noise unloaded makes for a ton of noise loaded lol

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I really liked the MBRP I had on my last Ram. One thing you can try, put some JB Weld or some RTV on the weepholes in the resonators. I did that on mine, and it eliminated much of that "airy" sound you reference. You might like it enough that you don't have to go all-in with removing the resonators.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing that; just wasn't sure if they would rot out quickly with doing that. I actually am liking the tone they have, just want to ditch the airy sound. I feel if I pull the resonators out back when towing it may get a bit to loud.

trailblazersss

Reaction score
Delete the resanators! Lol I have the magnaflow round direct fit. Been thinking of doing it for a while and pulled the trigger Friday an all i can say is wow. The shop charged me 100 bucks welds look great. When we cranked it up we both looked at each other. We didn't expect that much of a difference. It made it sound totally different alot deeper an the drone I was having is gone an its alot quieter on the highway just cruising but you lay in to it an she is alot louder. Gas peddle is actually more peppy to.

Users who are viewing this thread