5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about BTS shocks and stuff.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Hey guys first post here. Just ordered a 2020 BTS via MAS while I'm deployed. Can't seem to find the information about the turned offroad suspension and shocks that the BTS comes with. Anyone able to shed any light on this? I know its not in Rebel territory but I would like to know what it does come with.

Thanks!

RHeller1

Reaction score
Comes with Hitachi off road version shocks and the ORG springs which gives approx. a 1" lift. The shocks are the same brand as the standard suspension, with what my guess is different valving.

Krootz

Reaction score
The BTS trucks have the Offroad suspension which is 1” taller springs front and rear. They have shocks/struts that are made for the additional lift as well. Not sure if you’re familiar with RAMs, but they ride on coils springs on all 4 corners, so the ride is phenomenal.

By the way, the non-air ride Rebels have the same coil springs height except with bilstein shocks/struts. So you should be in Rebel territory actually

RHeller1

Reaction score
Not sure the ORG shocks perform the same as the Rebel Bilstein shocks. I am sure there are some advantages to the Bilsteins over the Hitachi's. I think the Bilstein shocks are definitely heavier duty as the piston rod is significantly larger.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys. One more question about the shocks. Are they gas pressurized or anything?

Krootz

Reaction score
I believe they are just an upgraded gas shock. If you really want a better setup with adjustable lift height and better off-road handling characteristics there are these options:

Both companies make front and rear upgrade shocks. The fronts are adjustable from 0-2+ inches and the rears work with up to 1” lift

bcwood64

Reaction score
Sounds good would the Bilstiens void MOPAR warranty? This be down the road, truck is costing me enough money as it is.

Krootz

Reaction score
No, it won’t void your warranty. In fact, my neighbor had the RAM dealer install his bilsteins and they even recalibrated his speedo after he got bigger tires.

bcwood64

Reaction score
Thanks man for all the info. Definitely mod down the road. Need to get home and the truck still.

Redfour5

Reaction score
"Sounds good would the Bilstiens void MOPAR warranty?" If they put them on Rebels, then I'd say NO. Just buy them from MOPAR (paying extra I am sure) and ensure it is my probllm would be my recommendation if you are concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread