5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about a specific tire size

James066

Reaction score
I am dabbling with the idea of swapping out my stock 20" wheels with a set of 18" Fuel Rebel's wrapped in Wildpeaks. Having searched through numerous threads on here, it seems that guys have been able to fit everything from 33-35" tires on their trucks. My truck is stock and I intend on keeping it that way but I am starting to get tired of the look of the stock wheels with the Michelin LTX Defenders. My question is, has anyone successfully put on LT275/70R18 tires without any rubbing on a stock suspension set up? I like that they are just over 33" but if they are going to rub I figured my safe choice would be LT285/65R18. Also with the Fuel rebel wheels I've had one tire place tell me that I need a 20mm offset and Tirerack has told me that that product number isn't showing up as compatible with my truck. I'm still a little confused on how the offset works but I want the tire to be flush or slightly out from the wheel wells. Lastly can anyone attest to how much of a change in fuel economy I should expect?

Users who are viewing this thread