5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about '9 amplified speakers with subwoofer' option

Bitwise

Reaction score
I've been going through different build configurations on the RAM website and noticed the '9 amplified speakers with subwoofer' option. Does anyone know what brand the amplifier, speakers, and subwoofer are? The RAM site doesn't appear to tell you. How do these speakers sound? Is this option worth it or would it be better to go aftermarket?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Alpine

It is what I have. It sounds okay. Not as good as an aftermarket system. I replaced the dash speakers which sound better. Doing the front door speakers soon.

Bitwise

Reaction score
Alpine

It is what I have. It sounds okay. Not as good as an aftermarket system. I replaced the dash speakers which sound better. Doing the front door speakers soon.

I guess the same amp drives the subwoofer and the highs/mids? Are you going to replace the amplifier as well? Can it even be replaced?

nburd

Reaction score
I like my Alpine system. I am glad I have it and enjoy it especially with high bit rate mp3’s on a flash drive. I find the Sirius bass way over driven. I know many upgrade the speakers on this forum.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess the same amp drives the subwoofer and the highs/mids? Are you going to replace the amplifier as well? Can it even be replaced?
Yes, it can be replaced. I'll probably do it some time, but not at this time.

Bitwise

Reaction score
Yes, it can be replaced. I'll probably do it some time, but not at this time.
I thought I read somewhere that the amplifier is also used for some sort of noise cancellation system. Is that true? Seems like an aftermarket amp wouldn't play well with that.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its an Alpine. It is 100% worth getting the upgrade. The sound quality and volume is much better than the stock system. I think the Alpine is a lot more economical than going aftermarket; plus everything is covered under your warranty. With the way these trucks are tied into the infotainment system, I wouldn't want to be hacking away at one until I've had the truck for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread