5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality Vs Price

Mason1217

Reaction score
Ok, so I see this topic littered everywhere throughout this forum so let's just have it out right here in 1 post.
For xx dollars, this should be better. For xx dollars, this shouldn't be doing this.
I dont get the relationship between sticker price versus quality and reliability expected? Unless there is a quality upgrade option you paid extra for and I didnt, you shouldn't expect your 66k Limited to be any higher quality or more reliable than I expect from my 54k Big Horn. You aren't paying that much SPECIFICALLY for quality. You are paying more than me, or the guy buying a 30 grand Ford Fusion, for options, technology, bells and whistles, type of vehicle etc. The reason these trucks should be built with quality and reliability is the same reason a ford focus should be, because they are BRAND NEW vehicles, not because of sticker price. The guy making 10 bucks an hour that saved and saved to buy a brand new Jeep Renegade has the exact same expectations as the guy buying a loaded limited 1500 in regards to quality and reliability.
Im not trying to start crap here, I just dont get it? Is there a specific price where quality is expected? 40 grand? 50 grand? Under what price is crappy quality acceptable?
Ok, let the comments begin

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Ok, so I see this topic littered everywhere throughout this forum so let's just have it out right here in 1 post.
For xx dollars, this should be better. For xx dollars, this shouldn't be doing this.
I dont get the relationship between sticker price versus quality and reliability expected? Unless there is a quality upgrade option you paid extra for and I didnt, you shouldn't expect your 66k Limited to be any higher quality or more reliable than I expect from my 54k Big Horn. You aren't paying that much SPECIFICALLY for quality. You are paying more than me, or the guy buying a 30 grand Ford Fusion, for options, technology, bells and whistles, type of vehicle etc. The reason these trucks should be built with quality and reliability is the same reason a ford focus should be, because they are BRAND NEW vehicles, not because of sticker price. The guy making 10 bucks an hour that saved and saved to buy a brand new Jeep Renegade has the exact same expectations as the guy buying a loaded limited 1500 in regards to quality and reliability.
Im not trying to start crap here, I just dont get it? Is there a specific price where quality is expected? 40 grand? 50 grand? Under what price is crappy quality acceptable?
Ok, let the comments begin

unfortunately ... well said. everyone expects more for paying $$$$ more-but reality says- unlikely.(y)

Mason1217

Reaction score
I only paid 54k but I have the same expectations as 300 grand Ferrari owners, I also expect my vehicle to not catch on fire. Screenshot_20181027-193456_Chrome.jpg

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I once heard a Huracan drive by with squeaking suspension.
$200 microwave or $60k truck, everything should work as advertised. But, manufacturing is complicated and human error is a fact of life. That's hopefully what warranties are there for, customer satisfaction. Unfortunately with vehicles it's far more complicated than taking back your defective microwave to the store.

I agree %100, Limited or Tradesman... quality should be the same through all the trims and levels.

I'd have to conclude with my initial quality satisfaction being in the upper 90's... it's the most solid vehicle I've ever been in. Hopefully that is more prominent than a few here have discovered.

Mason1217

Reaction score
I once heard a Huracan drive by with squeaking suspension.
$200 microwave or $60k truck, everything should work as advertised. But, manufacturing is complicated and human error is a fact of life. That's hopefully what warranties are there for, customer satisfaction. Unfortunately with vehicles it's far more complicated than taking back your defective microwave to the store.

I agree %100, Limited or Tradesman... quality should be the same through all the trims and levels.

I'd have to conclude with my initial quality satisfaction being in the upper 90's... it's the most solid vehicle I've ever been in. Hopefully that is more prominent than a few here have discovered.
Couldn't agree more, I absolutely love my truck. The only single issue I've ever had is the stupid theme resetting if I remote start the truck, dont have any of the problems that pop up all over this forum.

warvet

Reaction score
I paid $19K for my daughter's Honda Civic and I expect it to be rock solid just as I expect my wife's Mercedes, my old BMW 750Li, my Harley, and this Long Horn.

Funny thing is, I expect that Honda to be more solid than any of the other vehicles just because of Honda's reputation and the fact that I just sold a 2001 Honda Civic that never had an issue other than wear/tear.

I had the clunking issue and it has been resolved. But I was patient about the fix and never yelled at the service department about how much I spent on the truck. I don't care if it cost $10K, it shouldn't clunk. So I agree with you totally.

Users who are viewing this thread