5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality Ride

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm really liking my Longhorn. So far, the new Ram is exceeding my expectations. One of the many things I like is the smooth ride provided by the rear coil spring suspension.

I've read that the four corner air bag suspension is even smoother, but I haven't ridden in one. If it's much better than the coil spring suspension, it must be really, really smooth.

Has anyone experienced both? If so, what are your thoughts? Is there that much of a difference?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm really liking my Longhorn. So far, the new Ram is exceeding my expectations. One of the many things I like is the smooth ride provided by the rear coil spring suspension.

I've read that the four corner air bag suspension is even smoother, but I haven't ridden in one. If it's much better than the coil spring suspension, it must be really, really smooth.

Has anyone experienced both? If so, what are your thoughts? Is there that much of a difference?
Many opinions on this in prior threads. They both ride very well. I think the air suspension really pays off under load or big impact (think of a rough railroad crossing). Otherwise, coils are just as nice.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I really like the comfort of my Ram. It's not just the air ride but the comfort of the seats. I traded a 2016 F150 platinum crew 4x4 and it was nice but imo the Ram has so much more comfort. My first Ram and really happy with my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread