5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality of aftermarket running boards VS Mopar

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2021 came with the wheel to wheel Mopar steps, a $750 option. Running boards are a must for my vertically challenged wife of 18 years.

They serve its purpose, but do stick out a bit. If I went with larger tires, and put my flares on, then I think that would fix the protruding look they give. I am currently considering installing powered steps. Am also leaning towards the Retract powered steps from Rough Country because I like that swing out release instead of the drop down release from the Amp steps. Also like that they are 3-400 bucks cheaper. But, will stick with the OEM’s until I make a decision…not a cheap upgrade to just dive into. And shipping to Hawaii…ugh…🤦🏻‍♂️

I bought Westin’s for my 04 Laramie. Liked them because they were tucked a bit further under the body and stayed flush with the tires.
Great for the first 2 years or so. Then the driver step pad came off, got a replacement pad, and then the passenger one went. Was kinda downhill after that.
When I sold the truck, I sold it with zip ties holding them on😑

Users who are viewing this thread