5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality Issues

LTD

Reaction score
Is it me, or is Ram’s quality going downhill? I recently purchased a 2023 Limited and in the month of ownership it had has three panels painted due to paint defects, the radio replaced and the adjustable pedals fixed.

Now I found the leather dashboard and one of the passenger doors wrinkled. To make matters worse the dealership I'm working with is a joke.

Definitely not what I would expect from a 80k truck. I'm starting to think I should have gotten a GMC 3.0 Duramax. At least the gas mileage is way better. So, disappointing.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpeg
    IMG_0319.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0211.jpeg
    IMG_0211.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 94

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it me, or is Ram’s quality going downhill? I recently purchased a 2023 Limited and in the month of ownership it had has three panels painted due to paint defects, the radio replaced and the adjustable pedals fixed.

Now I found the leather dashboard and one of the passenger doors wrinkled. To make matters worse the dealership I'm working with is a joke.

Definitely not what I would expect from a 80k truck. I'm starting to think I should have gotten a GMC 3.0 Duramax. At least the gas mileage is way better. So, disappointing.
The last picture looks like a paint defect. The others look like damage after the plant.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My 2023 came with swirl marks all over the paint and a small paint scrape on the lower part of one of the doors...and also on the roof there is a quarter size burn mark maybe that they just painted over. Just pitiful

Spanish Cobra

Reaction score
hood (1).jpg tailgate.d.jpg i

I had 8 factory paint defects. RAM declined warranty repair on all, except for the tail gate, calling them rock chips. Lots of battles going back and forth. On day 29 of ownership I was ready to return truck to dealership. Could not believe the paint issues on a new expensive truck and RAM just washing their hands on it. Dealership took responsibility and fixed all paint issues on their dime.

BowDown

Reaction score

Whats the price of the truck have to do with anything?
The leather looks like glue locations rather than wrinkles but that aside, this comes with leather panel ownership, all cars do it.
1 of the paint spots looks like something hit it rather than a defect, the other is a defect in the paint, looks like contamination.

BowDown

Reaction score
View attachment 167171 View attachment 167172 i

I had 8 factory paint defects. RAM declined warranty repair on all, except for the tail gate, calling them rock chips. Lots of battles going back and forth. On day 29 of ownership I was ready to return truck to dealership. Could not believe the paint issues on a new expensive truck and RAM just washing their hands on it. Dealership took responsibility and fixed all paint issues on their dime.

Did you not inspect the truck before you took delivery?

Spanish Cobra

Reaction score
Did you not inspect the truck before you took delivery?

I did an external walk around and interior with sales rep showing me where things are and function. Did not look underneath the hood or inside door panels. Hard to look at every inch and detail at time of purchase. Issues were discovered when I washed the truck. Hard to understand how it got pass PDI

BowDown

Reaction score
I did an external walk around and interior with sales rep showing me where things are and function. Did not look underneath the hood or inside door panels. Hard to look at every inch and detail at time of purchase. Issues were discovered when I washed the truck. Hard to understand how it got pass PDI

Because they hoped the buyer would miss it.
I walked every inch of my truck before signing anything for this very reason. Even slid under it

Spanish Cobra

Reaction score
Because they hoped the buyer would miss it.
I walked every inch of my truck before signing anything for this very reason. Even slid under it

But I think the problem is with the manufacturer. Shouldn’t be having these paint issues leaving the plant

6of36

Reaction score
But I think the problem is with the manufacturer. Shouldn’t be having these paint issues leaving the plant
The gouge would not have happened until after it left the plant, but the crap in the paint should have been caught.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you'd be even more disappointed with GM products. They just scream CHEAP everywhere.

sorry that you're going through this but it sounds like it's just bad luck for you.

BowDown

Reaction score
No paint job is 100% flawless from an OEM until you get to high-end specialty cars where they makes 1000's a year vs 1000's a week. No it shouldn't have left QC like that but you're the last line of QC.
Its all about the time

Dewey

Reaction score
When my truck got delivered to my dealer I inspected right off the truck and then spent 45 minutes after they detailed with an even closer inspection checking every inch of the exterior and interior. Then tried the operation of every feature on the truck (except the TRS). No way I was signing anything till it was perfect.

Too bad they can’t do that at the factory but that would cut into the profits too much.🙄

Paint defects with today’s technology is just unacceptable.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 167171 View attachment 167172 i

I have that same defect on the roof of the truck. I am leasing so just leaving it as is...otherwise this would not be OK with me.

Users who are viewing this thread