5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality Control Missed This One

79 300

Reaction score
I have noticed there is always blue plastic wrap on the right tow hook and clear on the left tow hook on new trucks. Maybe with them wrapped like that it wasn't quite as obvious that they were different. Someone doing dealer prep should have seen it eventually though. My truck didn't come with them, so I ordered them to install myself. They came wrapped the same way, right side blue, left side clear.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I have noticed there is always blue plastic wrap on the right tow hook and clear on the left tow hook on new trucks. Maybe with them wrapped like that it wasn't quite as obvious that they were different. Someone doing dealer prep should have seen it eventually though. My truck didn't come with them, so I ordered them to install myself. They came wrapped the same way, right side blue, left side clear.

When I saw it yesterday the black one was wrapped in blue but the chrome didn't have anything on it. I missed it yesterday as well..

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL, I guess you can decide if you want black or chrome tow hooks now. My dealer had a Big Horn sport with chrome door handles on one side of the truck, I guess they must have blind workers in quality control.

Autoplay

Reaction score
Quality control/inspection Is a joke in that regard of that truck!

There must be another truck on the road with that same look,just mirrored lol.

Are the seats etc mismatched in this truck,the “custom” leather and cloth look?

Trfnj74

Reaction score
LOL, I guess you can decide if you want black or chrome tow hooks now. My dealer had a Big Horn sport with chrome door handles on one side of the truck, I guess they must have blind workers in quality control.

I asked that question but the dealership said they can only replace with what is attached to the VIN.. I like the Chrome though...

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I asked that question but the dealership said they can only replace with what is attached to the VIN.. I like the Chrome though...

I'll swap anyone who want a set of chrome ones for their black!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are people working at the factory or chimpanzees ?
Don't insult chimps. I think they are smarter than the factory workers at the Stirling plant. With some of the ridiculous inexcusable issues I've seen on my truck and heard about I'd vote for chimps to build the trucks. My license plate holes weren't even drilled level. Unbelievable.

Brrryan

Reaction score
So crazy man! Mine actually had mismatched exhaust tips. I think I remember seeing a guy on here that had black window trim on one side of the truck, then chrome on the other. I don’t live all that far from the plant, and would love to sneak in and see what the **** is going on there. Especially after a member recently reported having no bolts securing his driver’s seat to the floor.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Think I have an ivory white unicorn...all my trim matches, my seats are bolted down, my truck was built early enough 9/18 that it actually was delivered with the infamous cab to bed seal, and late enough to already have the HK amp update...I may go buy a lottery ticket.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Think I have an ivory white unicorn...all my trim matches, my seats are bolted down, my truck was built early enough 9/18 that it actually was delivered with the infamous cab to bed seal, and late enough to already have the HK amp update...I may go buy a lottery ticket.
I was right there with you up until the amp update (8/18 build)...I had to go back to the dealer for that one.

Users who are viewing this thread