5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality Control - Can't Help but Laugh

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@96Dodge4x4 updated the forum with a TSB released yesterday (see thread here: Directory of Service Bulletins & Recalls - Ram 1500) that involves the rear seat trim.

I can be a perfectionist at times but am actively working on trying to be more accepting of flaws in work done by both myself and others. There are some things about my build that are less than satisfactory to me but I've been able to shrug them off easily enough reminding myself that people designed/built them and it cannot be truly perfect.

But this latest TSB is just too good.

1531402873411.png

Taillights that have some cracks from the molding process - OK I can see how that might slip by if you're breezing over the truck.

Instrument clusters having uneven lighting - I didn't notice on mine until I looked at it closer/intentionally looking for it. I'll give you a pass there.

But having two different seat trims less than 2 feet apart with one of them being the loudest/in your face filegree known to man? :LOL: Come on QC department. Can't do anything on this one but roll your eyes and laugh.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I must agree, the other stuff you listed could be overlooked and passed, but holly cow how does one miss this. Seems a few people on the way out the door should have been able to catch that.

alow

Reaction score
Wow , I was going to say that's hard to miss but it's really not. Maybe someone messed up and put a 12" screen in my Bighorn? I'd forgive it.

1Raider

Reaction score
Yea maybe the person had a great time the night before and signed off on it quick. Lol
That or didn't want to "Rat" out the team that made the mistake....

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, aren’t the seat wrapped in plastic? If so, it might be a bit tough to check it

Users who are viewing this thread