5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quad cab sub box

Shives

Reaction score
Looking for a quad cab sub box. Prefer single.. cash in hand. Lol anyone have any leads? Everything is for a crew cab.

Shives

Reaction score
Been covered in many threads - this will get you started:

Well, thanks! I’ve done this. Most post lead to a dead end, and folks also don’t go back to chime in what they have used. Plus a ton of posts are dated old, so... New information might be available. Not like I’m asking “how do I add air to my tire”
Just asking folks to post what they have used.
thanks for your added help.

Shives

Reaction score
2nd this with current info. Also looking for options/locations used.
Welcome to the hunt for a box! I’ll try and keep this updated as I find anything. Currently a place in CT is making boxes for quad cabs... Soon as new drivers come in.

yaksushi

Reaction score
I don't need crazy bass, has anyone tried something like the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD or other all in one small sub/amp combos?

Shives

Reaction score
I don't need crazy bass, has anyone tried something like the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD or other all in one small sub/amp combos?
Same... I have not tried any box, at this point about ready to buy the stock HK sub and hook it up.

xxxtreme81

Reaction score
I literally looked everywhere and could not find one for the quad only the crew. I really wanted one from fox acoustics but they wouldn't make one for the P3 12" shallow mounts I have. They do however have a really nice box for 10's. I took a chance on a company I'd never heard of out of California called ground shaker. I have 2 12s under the seat of my quad cab and it sounds great, quality is great, shipping was great, and it was only like $210. I've added pics of the fitment. Even with the speaker grilles it fits perfectly. I do have the weather mats installed which prevents the box from going back maybe another inch or 2. But works great I have no complaints!

Attachments

• 20200905_110755.jpg
    20200905_110755.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 20200905_110801.jpg
    20200905_110801.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200905_110811.jpg
    20200905_110811.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 157

xxxtreme81

Reaction score
Looking for a quad cab sub box. Prefer single.. cash in hand. Lol anyone have any leads? Everything is for a crew cab.
Hey bud. Wasn't sure how to tag you in my post at the time, but I posted my setup. Hope it helps.

yaksushi

Reaction score
Hey bud. Wasn't sure how to tag you in my post at the time, but I posted my setup. Hope it helps.
xxxtreme did you use a line output converter to get signal to your amp? trying to figure out where/how to get my 2 channel line output converter hooked into the 6 speaker factory system.

xxxtreme81

Reaction score
xxxtreme did you use a line output converter to get signal to your amp? trying to figure out where/how to get my 2 channel line output converter hooked into the 6 speaker factory system.
Hey. I used the Pac amp pro and the anc bypass module that plugs directly into the back of the radio keeping all factory buttons usable without cutting any wires. It's been like a month and still working flawlessly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200910-170853_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200910-170853_eBay.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20200910-170830_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200910-170830_eBay.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20200910-171241_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200910-171241_eBay.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 66

xxxtreme81

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this information and clear photos!
Do you have any photos of you amplifier(s) installed?
Hey. Sorry I don't have photos of the amps. I pulled out the back seats and secured the 2 amps to a piece of plywood then to the driver's side rear of the cab. Sordy I'm so late to answer. Just saw this.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quint

Reaction score
I know that this is about quads, but I ended up building a box for my crew cab. I did the same when I had Ford Rangers, which have small rear seating areas similar to the quad cabs. Just take some measurements, buy some 3/4" MDF board, buy some caulk and wood glue, and build a box. Sub box carpet is cheap on the internet as well. My sub box completely blends in with the Ram's interior carpet and can be easily moved if I need extra space for gear.

You might consider making your own. You'll save hundreds and can make it just as you need it.

U

User_63152

I literally looked everywhere and could not find one for the quad only the crew. I really wanted one from fox acoustics but they wouldn't make one for the P3 12" shallow mounts I have. They do however have a really nice box for 10's. I took a chance on a company I'd never heard of out of California called ground shaker. I have 2 12s under the seat of my quad cab and it sounds great, quality is great, shipping was great, and it was only like $210. I've added pics of the fitment. Even with the speaker grilles it fits perfectly. I do have the weather mats installed which prevents the box from going back maybe another inch or 2. But works great I have no complaints!
Does it slide around? How does it stay in place? How much room is there between the grills and the seat bottom? Is it squashed up against it? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread