5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quad cab question?

Ebrown1120

Reaction score
I currently have a 19 Silverado Crew cab and thinking about switching to ram, (way nicer interior and like the new body style” but I’m wondering is if the quad cab is big enough for a car seat?? Does anyone have experience with it or pics to see how much room is really in the quad cab?

Which car seat are you looking for information wise? The rear facing or the forward one ?

Forward facing for now, but I do plan on having another kid in a year or so.

My friend has two kids and his fit but he is only 5’8” and his wife is 5’5”..

I've got a quad cab and a car seat at home for my grandson. Never put it in the truck yet, but I could take some pics tomorrow with it in forward & backward if nobody gives you any good info before then.

Big enough for most car seats, but the rear seat is more straight up, and has limited leg room (5’8” driver leaves enough rear room for a 5”6” rear passenger). I couldn’t expect my older parents to ride in the back on a six hour trailer tow to camp.

The Crew will be SO much easier to work around car seats when you are in the back, but they will be too far away to reach from the front. That’s one advantage of the Quad.

Take pics of your setup when you buy...

Last edited:
The quad cab has a tiny back seat, about the size of a small car. It's really a glorified extended cab with a door

Okay thanks for the information everyone. I appreciate it. I’ll keep y’all posted on when I get my first dodge

I have a 19 quad cab Laramie. My 5yo daughter is in a high back booster seat so pretty much still the size of a car seat and she fits best in the rear middle. The booster doesn't use the car seat anchors though. Those are only on the driver and passenger side of the Quad cab. I'm 6ft and with my seat in the normal position it would be a tight fit with the car seat behind me. The seat fits just fine it would just be the feet hanging over that would be close to the back of the driver seat. It most certainly could be done but the crew would be much more car seat friendly. This pic may give you an idea. I can try to take another from the back the next time she is in the truck.

20200117_170832.jpg

Last edited:
You only get a quad cab if you don't need the space. I have to make myself 5' 5" tall to allow someone to ride behind me. I drive with my seat way back though ( only 6 foot tall). The wife and I do not have kids or have people back there very often. It is nice to have the longer bed though. Came in handy several times.

I've have a quad cab, and have no problem with passengers.

A new crew cab is $3,000 more than the quad cab, so I can't see paying that much extra just for a foot or so of additional legroom.

I've have a quad cab, and have no problem with passengers.

A new crew cab is $3,000 more than the quad cab, so I can't see paying that much extra just for a foot or so of additional legroom.
Foot or so that is lot of room.

The quad cab has a tiny back seat, about the size of a small car. It's really a glorified extended cab with a door

This. When I went in to buy, I was going to buy a quad. I thought all 4 door full size trucks had a full back seat. I have a special needs daughter who's in a car seat and a teenage son. There was no way I could see the quad cab working for me. I opted for a Crew and haven't looked back. The back seat in the crew is cavernous!! Even with front seats all the way back. Seats fold up for hauling stuff back there, plus tie downs. $3k was a huge pill to swallow, but I'm beyond happy with my decision.

Get the crew cab, later on when the kids are bigger they won't have an issue sitting back there, plus, if you want to take some friends somewhere, they can sit comfortably as well.

I waited almost a year for the Quad to be available with the air suspension and dual tailgate. When it was finally orderable (or so we thought) I double checked the Quad’s suitability for my use with a week’s rental. I can easily see how it will work for many, esp for occasional rear passenger use, but it’s too straight up and too little leg room for long distances or folks > 5’8”. And I really wanted the longer bed and 3k....

I currently have a 19 Silverado Crew cab and thinking about switching to ram, (way nicer interior and like the new body style” but I’m wondering is if the quad cab is big enough for a car seat?? Does anyone have experience with it or pics to see how much room is really in the quad cab?
Sorry for the late post, but here's some pics I just took with my grandson's car seat. I am 6'1", but I tend to have my seat a little further forward than most drivers my height. YMMV. As you can see, not much room if you put the car seat on the driver's side. Rear facing I couldn't even get it in there properly. Forward facing fits, but the kid's feet will be kicking the **** out of your seat back. In the middle position it will fit both ways, but it's right up against the front seats. I didn't try the passenger side. I guess that would depend on how much legroom they were willing to give up. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20200228_144820.jpg
    20200228_144820.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200228_144913.jpg
    20200228_144913.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 20200228_145026.jpg
    20200228_145026.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20200228_145107.jpg
    20200228_145107.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 118
Used several forms of a car seat, both rearward and foreword facing, for my granddaughter as she grew. When placed in the middle of the rear seat, I had some trouble attaching the back strap of the car seat to the hook behind the seat. Other than that, no problems.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 030031 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back