5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qs about 8.4" to 12.1" unit swap & prices

ciaka

Reaction score
Just got 2019 ram 1500 lone star.
Saw the 12" and said wow.
Went to infotainment .com website, looked up the full kit for this swap (screen, bezel, cables, security bypass module, odb programming module, etc). All at about 3600+tax.
Saud WOW again.

Appears very easy to do if buying kit.
BUT...
Are there cheaper ways to get all the parts for such kit elsewhere, or maybe separately, so I don't have to shell out 4k for this thing?
Would love to know details and swap for the large size screen that has nav, wireless connect to Apple and Android, etc. Thank you for any help in advance.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just got 2019 ram 1500 lone star.
Saw the 12" and said wow.
Went to infotainment .com website, looked up the full kit for this swap (screen, bezel, cables, security bypass module, odb programming module, etc). All at about 3600+tax.
Saud WOW again.

Appears very easy to do if buying kit.
BUT...
Are there cheaper ways to get all the parts for such kit elsewhere, or maybe separately, so I don't have to shell out 4k for this thing?
Would love to know details and swap for the large size screen that has nav, wireless connect to Apple and Android, etc. Thank you for any help in advance.
You can piece it together and do it yourself. Plenty of information on here about it. You can even upgrade to the newest Uconnect 5. Should be able to find all the info by using search.

There's an aftermarket version available from Phoenix Automotive that I run as well as others that's a lot cheaper.

RamonA2022

Reaction score
You can piece it together and do it yourself. Plenty of information on here about it. You can even upgrade to the newest Uconnect 5. Should be able to find all the info by using search.

There's an aftermarket version available from Phoenix Automotive that I run as well as others that's a lot cheaper
Any of you guys know if the Uconnect 5 10.1-inch display module it’s the same for the 12-inch display ?

Users who are viewing this thread