5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q lock phone mount

TripleB

Reaction score
As much as I dig the way the interior of the ram looks, it’s a bit challenging if you want to mount a phone. I use quad lock on my motorcycle so I found a quad lock mount. That’s so far looks like it’s gonna work good.

Attachments

• IMG_3841.jpeg
    IMG_3841.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 89

raygun9

Reaction score
Looks great. I used the proclip but it blocks part of the vent and in summer thats not so great.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wanna do something with a MagSafe charger. Idk what yet tho

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As much as I dig the way the interior of the ram looks, it’s a bit challenging if you want to mount a phone. I use quad lock on my motorcycle so I found a quad lock mount. That’s so far looks like it’s gonna work good.
Complying to the new Michigan law I see.

TripleB

Reaction score
They don't attach to the vent. It just blocks the vent. The one I have is very secure it slips inside of the trim, for Ram it goes behind the radio trim on the left and covers the vent but doesn't touch it.
I was trying to figure out what mount would adapt to my Q lock case but did not interfer with it and then I realized well maybe there’s a Q lock mount that’ll work it’s magnetic so it’s so far I’m digging it. I just set the phone on it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out what mount would adapt to my Q lock case but did not interfer with it and then I realized well maybe there’s a Q lock mount that’ll work it’s magnetic so it’s so far I’m digging it. I just set the phone on it.
I got my wife a magnetic holder too, just slapped a chunk of metal in the back of her case. I was surprised how well it worked, I havnt had good luck with magnetic mounts in the past.

jimothy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks nice. Have you tried using a power brick on the inverter instead?
No, but that would be an easy solution. A friend of mine did exactly that.

My way avoids DC-to-AC-to-DC conversion losses, but I’m probably worried over something not all that significant anyway. Perhaps more importantly, most of the wire is hidden behind the screen.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
No, but that would be an easy solution. A friend of mine did exactly that.

My way avoids DC-to-AC-to-DC conversion losses, but I’m probably worried over something not all that significant anyway. Perhaps more importantly, most of the wire is hidden behind the screen.
I gotcha. That’s how my qi charger is hooked up. Allows for a 15w brick.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I am using the Course Motorsports Magsafe mounts and love them. I have one for bother drivers side and passenger. The 12V port on top of the dash and the front USB ports are both too weak to power both at the same time, so I purchased the USB charging hub below and plugged it into the inverter. Works great and all of the wires are hidden, only the tiniest bit of cables are visible.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 222214.jpg 20230801_220806[5199].jpg 20230801_220840[5197].jpg 20230801_220848[5198].jpg

TripleB

Reaction score
I gotcha. That’s how my qi charger is hooked up. Allows for a 15w brick.
I am curiours about a power brick. I do not really know what it is. When I Google it I don’t think I’m seeing what you guys are talking about.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
One of these that you plug your phones charging cable into. Most of the small ones for cell phones are like 5w. MagSafe is capable of 15w. Not sure what the built in usb ports on the truck are rated for. So I use a brick like this to power the wireless charger of the trucks inverter

1690975474734.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online