5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pwr Folding Tow Mirrors

MTaylor

Reaction score
Had my custom order a week, went wild and has almost everything (no decals, no air, no GT pkg). Loving it all but cannot get the damn passenger mirror to a position I feel comfortable with and seem to always be tweaking it. This is first truck I've had with this type of mirror.

Driver side, no issue seeing oncoming vehicles...slight lean and can see tail end of truck and when oncoming vehicle exists large mirror it enters small convex blindspot mirror when right beside me.

Passenger side ...cannot find sweet spot no matter where I adjust. I'm not new to trucks and this is frustrating me. What's the secret to this mirror style?

I'm almost willing to try and flip them up in tow mode full time but just looks strange. Wish these were better looking like other mfgs to have up all the time.

Hoping for some tips from those that have these and expect some flaming responses as well as "moose mirror" or "cornholio" comments/memes. Thx

Attachments

• 20230513_083016.jpg
    20230513_083016.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230513_083310.jpg
    20230513_083310.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230518_155412.jpg
    20230518_155412.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230518_155458.jpg
    20230518_155458.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 21

BTB123

Reaction score
I’m with you. These tow mirrors in the down position are terrible. I’ve been down the exact road you explained.
I finally adjusted the large passenger mirror out as I always do. I lean my head to the center of the cab and adjust out until the side of the truck just goes away.
As far as the stupid side convex mirror. I have pushed that down and in so when I’m driving if I lean over I see the side of truck.
The passenger side still sucks but after a week or two I have gotten used to it.
The only true solution is to purchase either the OEM model with out the side blind spot or aftermarket. That looks like it will set me back around 1400 and I’m not willing to do that.

Good luck.👍🏻

Daverous

Reaction score
Suma performance is near the end of their first run of convex replacement mirrors for the main glass. No clue if they'll do another batch. I've been waiting on mine since last year. If they ever hit the door they seem like a great option to get out of moose mode. A few have recieved theirs so far and it seems remarkably better.

I'll post up some photos when they finally come in. There are a few photos floating around on the hdram forum already if you want to do some searching.

Edit- here's a link to our pre-order...

BTB123

Reaction score
Suma performance is near the end of their first run of convex replacement mirrors for the main glass. No clue if they'll do another batch. I've been waiting on mine since last year. If they ever hit the door they seem like a great option to get out of moose mode. A few have recieved theirs so far and it seems remarkably better.

I'll post up some photos when they finally come in. There are a few photos floating around on the hdram forum already if you want to do some searching.

I want to try these.

MTaylor

Reaction score

Interesting thread, seems like this flat mirror has been an issue for a lot of folks for awhile. Seeing the video later in the thread on the new 2023 2500 Rebel Tow mirrors...wonder if anyone has found a way to retrofit these to a 1500. Those are what I want!

wlrottge

Reaction score
The only true solution is to purchase either the OEM model with out the side blind spot or aftermarket. That looks like it will set me back around 1400 and I’m not willing to do that.

Which truck/mirrors do you have?

I've got a '20 Limited with the standard power fold, blindspot/camera mirrors and would love to swap to the larger tow mirrors, so long as I don't lose the blindspot and surround camera function.

Users who are viewing this thread