5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putting in a height adjustable front passenger seat on a Bighorn?

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like the Bighorn passenger seat cannot be adjusted for height, and in my opinion sits way too high (my wife is one full head taller than me when she sits in it.) Has anyone converted a Bighorn standard front passenger seat to a Laramie-style height adjustable (8-way?) and how hard/expensive would it be?

Moosefire66

Reaction score
I'm no help, but I'm picturing tom cruise and Nicole Kidman type of couple when you're describing your heights... and who doesn't like Nicole Kidman? Good job bud! And good luck with your seat problem. Hopefully it's not too hard to figure out

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems it would be simpler to raise the driver seat.
Now that’s funny right there!

All joking aside.. I’ve got my (driver) seat right where I want it, at the lowest setting (I’m 6’0). More than one passenger (not just my wife) has noticed how high they sit in the truck. Either I’m way too low or the passenger seat is set higher than what I’m used to. Guess I just should forget about it

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Honestly, unless it bothers your wife what does it matter? I'm not sure it's worth the hassle just to lower your wife down a notch or two (don't tell her I said that) :p

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m 6’ 1 and I use to slam my seat all the way down. So legs are more straight out. But I find the truck better if I raise the seat so it like a chair and not a recliner. But I had to adjust my peddles to. I forgot it did that for a while.

Maybe try it out. So you can look down at her.

Users who are viewing this thread