5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put Stock Takeoffs on my RAM, TPMS not recognized

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just swapped some new Rebel takeoffs with TPMS installed onto my Ram. Unfortunately, my truck is not recognizing the sensors. Is there anything I can do to get the sensors to pair, or must I take the truck to the dealer to pay for the sensor pairing?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If they are OEM TPMS there is no equipment needed to pair, it is done automatically. I swap tires twice a year with OEM TPMS and have no problem with recognition. It is less than 3 miles from where I do the swaps and my home. The pairing is always done by the time I get home.

From the owner's manual:
The vehicle may need to be driven for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph (24 km/h) in order for the TPMS to receive this information.

Do you know for sure that the ones on the rims are Mopar OEM?

Last edited:

Nukegm426

Reaction score
My first question would be are you sure they have the sensors? When people swap stock rims off their vehicles the sensors come off to go onto the new rims... it’s pretty rare for someone to not keep the stock sensors

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Huh ??????
Can you expand on Huh?
I have put Laramie, as well as Limited wheels with OEM TPMS on my Big Horn and it has always recognized the replacement wheels' tire pressures. Nothing required other than what is stated in the owner's manual.
"The vehicle may need to be driven for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph (24 km/h) in order for the TPMS to receive this information."

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have done one tire swap in the past and put new OEM sensors in and the truck recognized them immediately.

When I swapped these wheels on, my truck hasn’t recognized them in over a week of driving.

I can’t be 100% certain they have the sensors since I bought them as new takeoffs. The seller assured me the sensors were installed. I suppose I need to go have the dealer scan them to be certain at this point.

I do have a Tazer DT installed, so I’ll unmarry and remove it first to see if that’s disrupting anything.

Users who are viewing this thread