5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push pins for wheel well splash guards

Sodahammer

Reaction score
I got new tires put on the Ram and noticed that 6 of the hex head screws were missing from the splash guard and two of the push pins. This caused some minor rubbing with the larger tires, so I bought the hardware to reinstall. I cannot get the push pins in, they seem to be too large but I ordered them from the dealer and saw the diagram.

Are they just super hard to push in? I tried, and even used a hammer. They wont go in. The head size of the pins are identical to the one that wasn't missing.

Ranger

Reaction score
I haven’t pulled pins from my liners yet, but typically those plastic pins have a center post that you have to pull out to allow the pin body to compress to fit in the hole, then push the center post back in to lock the fastener in place. They sorta work like a drywall anchor.

Were these pins and screws missing all along, since new? Or did the tire installer lose them? If they were missing from the factory, maybe the holes In your liner were cut too small (factory worker had the same problem you’re having, gave up and sent the truck in its way)

Sodahammer

Reaction score
I haven’t pulled pins from my liners yet, but typically those plastic pins have a center post that you have to pull out to allow the pin body to compress to fit in the hole, then push the center post back in to lock the fastener in place. They sorta work like a drywall anchor.

Were these pins and screws missing all along, since new? Or did the tire installer lose them? If they were missing from the factory, maybe the holes In your liner were cut too small (factory worker had the same problem you’re having, gave up and sent the truck in its way)

I didn't notice until I change out the tires and noticed the rub. I haven't had the chance to really investigate as the driveway has been to hot to lay on or too wet

Users who are viewing this thread