5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push button to shift into gear???

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed below message when I was shifted into neutral, did ram screw up or did I miss the push button gear shifter.
8833e82475a9c396db2c56400fd4ae30.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Ha, saw the same thing in the car wash today. I'm like, what button, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
More likely you didn't have the brake pedal pushed hard enough or soon enough. I get that message if I'm too fast throwing it in park and shutting it off.
I didn't have brake pushed, I'm just curious what button they are talking about.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Was the engine running when you shifted to neutral? And was one of your doors open, or not fully latched?

It's a safety that's built in that wont let you roll the truck if a door is left open. It also wont let you roll the truck if the ignition is on, and you try to put it into neutral.

You have to put the truck in park, and press the parking brake button in, located on the left hand side, which will reset it. Got me the first time it happened to me haha.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was the engine running when you shifted to neutral? And was one of your doors open, or not fully latched?

It's a safety that's built in that wont let you roll the truck if a door is left open. It also wont let you roll the truck if the ignition is on, and you try to put it into neutral.

You have to put the truck in park, and press the parking brake button in, located on the left hand side, which will reset it. Got me the first time it happened to me haha.
I was at car wash and shifted to neutral with door closed. I'm not asking why I got the message. I'm curious which button I push to put truck into gear. I personally think RAM goofed and misworded the message.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online