5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push button starting

Ram_man

Reaction score
So you are at the gas station and after pumping the gas you walk to the back of the truck (to get something) and someone jumps in the truck and starts it. Will it stop if too far away from the key fob you have in your pocket?

U

User_34235

If you left it running then someone could drive it away without any issues. The bells will go off inside telling the driver the key has left the vehicle, but it will stay running until they stop the engine or run out of gas. If it's not running and you are at the back of the truck with the fob it will not start as you are too far away.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The key fob has to be in the vehicle, so if it's in your pocket and you're outside, the pushbutton will not work.

If you leave your keys in your truck (fob or otherwise), that's just asking for an opportunist to run off with your truck

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The key fob has to be in the vehicle, so if it's in your pocket and you're outside, the pushbutton will not work.

If you leave your keys in your truck (fob or otherwise), that's just asking for an opportunist to run off with your truck
If you left it running then someone could drive it away without any issues. The bells will go off inside telling the driver the key has left the vehicle, but it will stay running until they stop the engine or run out of gas. If it's not running and you are at the back of the truck with the fob it will not start as you are too far away.

^^Exactly what they just said. And the fob really has to be IN the truck. Even standing right next to the driver's door with it in your pocket is too far away for it to start.

If you left it running (or left the fob in the truck).... well, that's on you.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First time I was in a car with a push button I had no idea what was going on. It was my mother's car and I was driving. I dropped her at the front door of a venue...I guess out of habit she scooped the key when she got out. The car continued to run...I drive around to find a parking spot and once I did I couldn't shut the car off. LOL! Took me a minute to guess what the issue was. The parking spot was like gold...luckily I had someone else with me. Left them in the car running and went running back 5 blocks to retrieve the key all in the middle of ice cold winter. I couldn't get enough swear words out fast enough! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

BooShaker

Reaction score
Left the current vehicle with push button running while I ran inside the gas station with the wife sitting in it. I came back out and she was very annoyed by the beeping that had been going on since I left with the keyfob in my pocket. :D Haven't done it again since.

thewdb

Reaction score
First time I was in a car with a push button I had no idea what was going on. It was my mother's car and I was driving. I dropped her at the front door of a venue...I guess out of habit she scooped the key when she got out. The car continued to run...I drive around to find a parking spot and once I did I couldn't shut the car off. LOL! Took me a minute to guess what the issue was. The parking spot was like gold...luckily I had someone else with me. Left them in the car running and went running back 5 blocks to retrieve the key all in the middle of ice cold winter. I couldn't get enough swear words out fast enough! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

What kind of car was that? I’ve never been in one that you can’t turn off without the key. That’s an odd set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread