5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Push Button Problem with a new twist

Tlatos

Reaction score
2019 Rebel. Fortunately this is all occurring in my driveway… After a 2 hour trip home, the truck wouldn’t turn off! Set brake, in park, foot on brake, etc. 2 minutes of hitting the button. I climb out, wife climbs in, she hits button, turns off.
Whatever.
Now, the button is dead. Nothing happens when pressed. Key fob works fine on locks. Remote start? Yes, sort of. The truck started as I’m sitting in it, I touch the brake, it shuts off. I do it again. Same thing. Dash says it now requires a manual restart to enable remote start (read up on this, i understand the remote start thing).
I disconnect battery. When I reconnect battery, the ignition goes to ACCESSORY position, dash lights up, radio comes on. But the push button is DOA. It won’t advance w/ or w/out the brake pressed, stuck in accessory. Disco the battery several times, same thing. Reconnect with doors open, closed, same results. Fob locks, unlocks fine and it hasn’t rained in days (no apparent leaks anywhere). More data, but seems irrelevant, but I was towing a Uhaul 6x12 trailer while this happened - currently pinned in behind my truck!
Thoughts

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds a little like this one? He had a solution at the end....

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
This is the second thread I have I seen with what could end up being a "partial" failure of the RF hub. FYI mine failed completely with no water intrusion but my symptoms were nothing worked key fob wise and had to have it towed to dealer where it was quickly diagnosed as RF hub and replaced under extended warranty. I think you can DIY the hub but you have to go to the dealer to reprogram to your FOBs AFAIK.

Tlatos

Reaction score
Update. Reconnect battery this am, same same. Boots straight to accessory mode, Push start unresponsive. Release manual park, roll truck to street. WIFE sitting in truck, 2 pushes, truck starts! Return trailer, go shopping, leave truck running for 90 mins, return home... stops fine, starts fine. THE ONLY of variable, we just purchased a home in a gated dev (hence uhaul trailer), they issued us a RF sticker to be placed in windshield. Was sitting in glove. Removed it from vehicle. That was 2 battery disconnects earlier. Coincidence? I'm going to order an RF module anyhow. Will continue to update.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it’s the RF hub, wouldn’t it start by pushing the button with the fob?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
If it’s the RF hub, wouldn’t it start by pushing the button with the fob?
Mine wouldn't start that way. Why I don't know. I'm just reporting a fact from first hand experience. The only way I was able to fix mine was a tow to the dealer. They diagnosed it almost immediately, had the part in stock, replaced it and I was all fixed up rather quickly.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine wouldn't start that way. Why I don't know. I'm just reporting a fact from first hand experience. The only way I was able to fix mine was a tow to the dealer. They diagnosed it almost immediately, had the part in stock, replaced it and I was all fixed up rather quickly.
I guess the question is, does pushing the button with the dead fob, still use the RF hub.

aw48554

Reaction score
New here, I saw another post on this forum stating the same problems I’m having. I have a stock 2022 ram 1500 lonestar. Girlfriend went to open doors and just totally dead. We noticed about two nights before the dash being on with the press brake and push button prompt on it… truck has 10000 miles . Please help. Currently charging battery even though I’ve spent three hours pouring through all the others with the same problem. I guess I’ll need to call dealer?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 Rebel. Fortunately this is all occurring in my driveway… After a 2 hour trip home, the truck wouldn’t turn off! Set brake, in park, foot on brake, etc. 2 minutes of hitting the button. I climb out, wife climbs in, she hits button, turns off.
Whatever.
Now, the button is dead. Nothing happens when pressed. Key fob works fine on locks. Remote start? Yes, sort of. The truck started as I’m sitting in it, I touch the brake, it shuts off. I do it again. Same thing. Dash says it now requires a manual restart to enable remote start (read up on this, i understand the remote start thing).
I disconnect battery. When I reconnect battery, the ignition goes to ACCESSORY position, dash lights up, radio comes on. But the push button is DOA. It won’t advance w/ or w/out the brake pressed, stuck in accessory. Disco the battery several times, same thing. Reconnect with doors open, closed, same results. Fob locks, unlocks fine and it hasn’t rained in days (no apparent leaks anywhere). More data, but seems irrelevant, but I was towing a Uhaul 6x12 trailer while this happened - currently pinned in behind my truck!
Thoughts

Update. Reconnect battery this am, same same. Boots straight to accessory mode, Push start unresponsive. Release manual park, roll truck to street. WIFE sitting in truck, 2 pushes, truck starts! Return trailer, go shopping, leave truck running for 90 mins, return home... stops fine, starts fine. THE ONLY of variable, we just purchased a home in a gated dev (hence uhaul trailer), they issued us a RF sticker to be placed in windshield. Was sitting in glove. Removed it from vehicle. That was 2 battery disconnects earlier. Coincidence? I'm going to order an RF module anyhow. Will continue to update.
Tell your wife to give you your key fob back.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
New here, I saw another post on this forum stating the same problems I’m having. I have a stock 2022 ram 1500 lonestar. Girlfriend went to open doors and just totally dead. We noticed about two nights before the dash being on with the press brake and push button prompt on it… truck has 10000 miles . Please help. Currently charging battery even though I’ve spent three hours pouring through all the others with the same problem. I guess I’ll need to call dealer?
You should still have warranty. Yes call them

Users who are viewing this thread