5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing using an Employee Advantage Control Number

rubrduk

Reaction score
FNG here,...first post, long time chevy truck owner but looking at the DT Rams because they are so much better for the money.

I received a control number from a personal friend contact, but I want to know what is purchasing protocol

does it matter what dealer I purchase from, are the all the same using this? (My friend is corporate,...so I don’t have any specific dealer)

I’m looking for a specific optioned Big Horn 4x4, eTorque, towing package. Do I need to find a dealer with the specific truck options...or will any dealer still locate the truck?

Are dealers reluctant when you show up with this control code because they make less or should i otherwise negotiate a best deal before telling them I have this discount?

thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it doesn't matter. Just let the dealer know you have a control #. All dealers around here are familiar because literally everyone has a friend or family that works for FCA. Other parts of the country they may not be as familiar with doing EP/FP pricing.

dblack

Reaction score
Make sure you see the invoice so you can verify EP price.
I’ve purchased 5 new FCA vehicles under employee purchase plan and two of those dealers tried to pull a fast one over regarding the price.
Aside from that, it shouldn’t matte rehab dealer you go to. Remember, they can sell it to you under EP listing on invoice (you can use incentives) but not over.
This last ram I purchased ended up using EP price and the 0% for 72 and sort of got the best of both worlds.

rubrduk

Reaction score
I’ve purchased 5 new FCA vehicles under employee purchase plan and two of those dealers tried to pull a fast one over regarding the price.
Aside from that, it shouldn’t matte rehab dealer you go to. Remember, they can sell it to you under EP listing on invoice (you can use incentives) but not over.
This last ram I purchased ended up using EP price and the 0% for 72 and sort of got the best of both worlds.

I was wondering how much control the local dealer has over the "receive up to 5% below factory invoice..." portion, and I assume these discounts are still something the dealers try to manipulate

"Buyer Instructions:

Present this program control number to any participating U.S. Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram dealership or FIAT studio when purchasing or leasing your eligible vehicle.

• Receive up to 5% below factory invoice when you purchase or lease a new Chrysler,Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat, and Alfa Romeo vehicles.
  • Each participating customer receiving benefit of the CDI program must pay a $200 program administration fee which will be added to the purchase price to help offset the cost necessary to support this program.
  • This offer may also be combined with other consumer incentives available at the time of sale/lease."

Wsmith

Reaction score
FNG here,...first post, long time chevy truck owner but looking at the DT Rams because they are so much better for the money.

I received a control number from a personal friend contact, but I want to know what is purchasing protocol

does it matter what dealer I purchase from, are the all the same using this? (My friend is corporate,...so I don’t have any specific dealer)

I’m looking for a specific optioned Big Horn 4x4, eTorque, towing package. Do I need to find a dealer with the specific truck options...or will any dealer still locate the truck?

Are dealers reluctant when you show up with this control code because they make less or should i otherwise negotiate a best deal before telling them I have this discount?

thanks
Most dealers will pick the truck you want up from other dealers if they are a reasonable distance away. Go to the find a ram site and put in what you want. You can search up to 250 miles away, don't know if the dealer will go that far. When I got mine I found 2 inside a hundred miles away. Got the VIN, he gave me a price and said they would go pick it up, about 70 miles away.

rotts4u

Reaction score
I have bought 4 vehicles this way and not had any problems 2 in Atlanta Ga and 2 at a small local dealer

dblack

Reaction score
The “up to 5% below” is because some vehicles get a different discount, it’s not straight across the board. So a challenger at EP may be 2% under while a Durango may be 5% below. Regardless of the actual EP price listed on invoice, you can still use rebates to get it lower.

I was wondering how much control the local dealer has over the "receive up to 5% below factory invoice..." portion, and I assume these discounts are still something the dealers try to manipulate

"Buyer Instructions:

Present this program control number to any participating U.S. Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram dealership or FIAT studio when purchasing or leasing your eligible vehicle.
  • Receive up to 5% below factory invoice when you purchase or lease a new Chrysler,Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Fiat, and Alfa Romeo vehicles.
  • Each participating customer receiving benefit of the CDI program must pay a $200 program administration fee which will be added to the purchase price to help offset the cost necessary to support this program.
  • This offer may also be combined with other consumer incentives available at the time of sale/lease."

MOONCHASER

Reaction score
How does the employee find out what their number or code is for the discount? Our nephew works at a dealership but doesn't know his .

Venom700

Reaction score
Not sure if dealer employees count. They work for the dealer and not the manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread