5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purchasing a new truck. Need your help!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What about this VIN.

It is built to serve, in anvil and is 2021
  • 1C6SRFFT4MN562373
Looking at the window sticker that particular truck was built on February 5, 2021. So it was probably one of the last Anvil’s to be built from that particular BTS release (Billet Silver and Anvil)

Jonnybow

Reaction score
I can have my dealer order/swap with any dealer in the country, all dealerships have this ability. If you have a local dealer that you trust, give em a shot.

7amada

Reaction score
I can have my dealer order/swap with any dealer in the country, all dealerships have this ability. If you have a local dealer that you trust, give em a shot.
I will definitely try. I think it is the last one in the nation

ahawksfan

Reaction score
Thank you for that info. gonna do a few zip codes to check them out
Yes, I had to do the same thing (change zip). Ended up finding a RAM for me about 6 hours away.

Good luck in your search!

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. Need the help of all you Ram gurus here ...

I have decided to purchase a new 2021 truck and have made my decision on a Built to Serve in either the ceramic gray or anvil color.

I want to take advantage of the 0% APR and 84 month financing so I only have till May 3rd. I have looked allover my state with no luck.

QUESTION, what would be the best way to try and find a 2021 ram built to serve in either anvil or ceramic gray. not picky about other options. Anywhere in the nation is fine.

Any and all help is appreciated. THANK YOU :cool:

Peterson Ram in Nampa, ID had a couple I saw online. They go fast so idk if they still have them. Gray and the green. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7amada

Reaction score
Peterson Ram in Nampa, ID had a couple I saw online. They go fast so idk if they still have them. Gray and the green. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must already be sold :(

7amada

Reaction score
No luck so far. The only one I found in California sold :(

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It appears Crest Auto World has multiple Anvil units:

7amada

Reaction score

7amada

Reaction score
Guys. The one dealer SCasey89 found actually has 5 of them. They are selling for MSRP. Not willing to go down at all!.

Is it worth it? do you guys think paying sticker for an ANVIL built to serve is a good idea? bad idea? keep looking?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you like it and will be happy then go for it. But know you will lose more money than a normal vehicle purchase over time because of a high purchase price. A normal Big Horn should be had for 16%+ off plus 0%, 20% or close to it without 0%.

bud007

Reaction score
7amanda
How did you make out ? I purchased one of the anvil BTS from Manning Dodge back in April ,the other one ( they had 2 ) was being shipped to someone from Hawaii that had purchased it the day before I bought mine , although it was still showing as being available for about another week after ( which was the VIN # that was posted earlier ) .
When I was looking , I did a search around the country and found , the 2 in CA., 1 in the Dallas area and 10 at Crest Auto in Conway N.H and I believe one in the Atlanta area
I called Crest auto and spoke to a Nate ? and had a long conversation with him about the Anvil BTS trucks , I decided to stay closer to home and drove to Visalia and check on and eventually purchase my truck.
I recently checked Crest auto and it still looks like they might have 5 of the Anvil BTS , if you really want it I would suggest you go for it and dont worry about what others think .
I know others would cringe at paying MSRP ,BUT the BTS are not being manufactured after this next round of trucks so the chance of getting a deal similar to doing a factory order or buying one on a lot is probably pretty slim ( I am sure others have gotten deals on them , but I am guessing it was early on when they were first being produced )
I was told that I would have to pay MSRP ( My dealer said that if I did not pay it ,SOMEBODY would , and he is right ) but the dealer did go above and beyond on the National and HIS incentives so I did get it a little under MSPR and do I have any buyer remorse ? ABSOLUTELY NOT , I love my truck and am so glad I purchased it.
hope this helps and good luck ,cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online