5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar XT for the 2023 RAM Limited 5.7 Hemi night edition

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Today I installed the new Pulsar XT in my 2023 Ram Limited 5.7 HEMI night edition and I kinda like it, however the check engine light came on and codes P2127 (Pedal Pos Validation Switch 2 Low) and P2122 (Throttle/ Pedal Pos Sens/Switch D Circ Low Input) showed up.
I disconnected the battery, check engine light was gone but it came back again. I made sure the connections were done right but the light is still on.
Any advise why those codes came on?

RudeGrimmy

Reaction score
@harleybreakout, did you ever figure out why the Pulsar XT was throw those codes? I installed my Pulsar XT today on my 2024 Ram 1500 5.7l and getting the same exact problem with the p2127 and 2122 codes. It does not seem to affect the throttle peddle or engine response. Codes are just annoying and wont go away. So far a google search has not pop up any results. Was planning to call and ask them if this is a know problem or not with 2024 Ram 1500s.

Reaction score
@harleybreakout, did you ever figure out why the Pulsar XT was throw those codes? I installed my Pulsar XT today on my 2024 Ram 1500 5.7l and getting the same exact problem with the p2127 and 2122 codes. It does not seem to affect the throttle peddle or engine response. Codes are just annoying and wont go away. So far a google search has not pop up any results. Was planning to call and ask them if this is a know problem or not with 2024 Ram 1500s.
Call me at 732-540-1518…too much to write ..lol

RudeGrimmy

Reaction score
As a FYI, to those who land on this post having the same issue. Harleybreakout and I talked on the phone. He called support and they sent him a new Pulsar XT. Seems he is still throwing the same codes with the new one that was sent to him. I have also called the support number and talked to a tech. He ran through a number of questions with me. Mostly questions about when the codes come up and if they keep coming back and if I used a specific feature in the Pulser XT before the codes popped. After about 30 mins on the phone they decided to send me another unit. Will post an update after I get the new unit.

BTW: The throttle power level works as expected. I can also disable/enable MDS, etc, etc with no issues so far. The truck computer seems to be getting an incorrect reading from the Pulsar XT unit and thinks the throttle pedal is having issues.

Reaction score
As a FYI, to those who land on this post having the same issue. Harleybreakout and I talked on the phone. He called support and they sent him a new Pulsar XT. Seems he is still throwing the same codes with the new one that was sent to him. I have also called the support number and talked to a tech. He ran through a number of questions with me. Mostly questions about when the codes come up and if they keep coming back and if I used a specific feature in the Pulser XT before the codes popped. After about 30 mins on the phone they decided to send me another unit. Will post an update after I get the new unit.

BTW: The throttle power level works as expected. I can also disable/enable MDS, etc, etc with no issues so far. The truck computer seems to be getting an incorrect reading from the Pulsar XT unit and thinks the throttle pedal is having issues.
Thanks for updating everyone, RudeGrimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread