5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar Update

LiveWire

Reaction score
Any of you guys with a pulsar know if theres a way to check for updates, besides hooking a laptop up. Specifically waiting for the 2022 tire size change making parking sensors quit working fix.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can email them. They don't post update notifications. At least, I've not seen any. I wish they did.

LiveWire

Reaction score
You can email them. They don't post update notifications. At least, I've not seen any. I wish they did.
Yea, i had sent them a email, they did respond..
"
Good morning,

With the current generation Ram, if the tire size is adjusted, the Parking sensors will not work.

This is a quirk of the vehicle that will be present with any tuning device, and we have not found a workaround at this time.

It is possible this could be a secondary lockout Mopar is using to identify tuned vehicles."

Last edited:

mhb1638

Reaction score
Interesting cause I tuned my truck for the tires and my sensors work fine.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, i had sent them a email, they did respond..
"
Good morning,

With the current generation Ram, if the tire size is adjusted, the Parking sensors will not work.

This is a quirk of the vehicle that will be present with any tuning device, and we have not found a workaround at this time.

It is possible this could be a secondary lockout Mopar is using to identify tuned vehicles."
From reading other posts, if you switch to 35" or larger tires this is the case. If you stay under 35" tires "most" trucks don't have any issues.

I've wondered at times if it would make a difference if you used inches or pmetric tire sizes when making the changes. The TazerDT only does inches IIRC. My Pulsar will let you enter in pmetric sizes and that how I changed mine. Even though I had to play around with sizes to get speedometer correct as using the 275/65/20 like I have on truck didn't work.

mhb1638

Reaction score
You may be onto something as I have 285/65/20 on my truck which I have the programmer set to 33.8 to get my speedometer within 1 mph off

Users who are viewing this thread