5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar tuner

muskratnarf

Reaction score
I just purchased a pulsar tuner for my truck and am about to install it, and am wondering if I need to remove my speedometer calibration that I did with the hypertech calibrator, is that considered stacking tuners? I know I can calibrate tire size with the pulsar, but is it necessary? Any help would greatly be appreciated

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just purchased a pulsar tuner for my truck and am about to install it, and am wondering if I need to remove my speedometer calibration that I did with the hypertech calibrator, is that considered stacking tuners? I know I can calibrate tire size with the pulsar, but is it necessary? Any help would greatly be appreciated
You shouldn't need to remove it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No need to

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would personally remove the Hypertech and use the Pulsar. I'm not sure if there would be any issues if left alone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would personally remove the Hypertech and use the Pulsar. I'm not sure if there would be any issues if left alone.
The hypertech just plugs into OBD2 port, you make the changes, then unplug it. It's not always installed. It would be no different than having the dealer change the tire size, or using the TazerDT or even Pulsar to change the tire size.

Users who are viewing this thread