5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar Tire Adjust

Odis814

Reaction score
When entering your new tire size (mine is 35x11.5R20) you are supposed to enter 35, correct?

I was under the impression that would correct the speedometer... my MPH is off by 2-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Troop2865

Reaction score
Depending on the brand, some tires may be advertised as 35’s but truly measure closer to 34. I ran into that problem with my 2500 with the Cummins. My tires were “37’s”, but actually measured 36. Try entering 34 and see if your speedometer isn’t closer.

Odis814

Reaction score
Depending on the brand, some tires may be advertised as 35’s but truly measure closer to 34. I ran into that problem with my 2500 with the Cummins. My tires were “37’s”, but actually measured 36. Try entering 34 and see if your speedometer isn’t closer.

Thanks Troop!

Odis814

Reaction score

That did the trick. Thanks man.

Webbd30

Reaction score
When entering your new tire size (mine is 35x11.5R20) you are supposed to enter 35, correct?

I was under the impression that would correct the speedometer... my MPH is off by 2-3.

@Odis814 Can you PM me the details of how you run "35x11.5R20" I to plan on running this tire size exactly and have not found many members running this set up as of yet.

do you have tire rub? or did you do extensive work to the underbody?

thanks in advance sorry for changing this topic.

Jamesontf

Reaction score
My new tires are 275 60 r 20 Ive adjustsed pulsar to that size, I’m still 2-3 mph higher than speedometer says. Do you know what size I should put in on pulsar?

Troop2865

Reaction score
I am not sure how the Pulsar works. The unit I used on my Cummins was a Banks programmer. Using the Banks, they asked for tire size diameter in inches. If I remember correctly, I could enter in 1/4 inch increments.

If you are still higher then you need to increase your tire size. I used two framing squares, one held on each side of the tire (a second set of hands is helpful). Once they are square to the tire tread, measure between the two to get the actual tire diameter. Use that measurement and then double check your speed with the GPS or phone app. If the Pulsar uses a metric size, I would try by increasing the first number in your tire diameter, say 285 or 295.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online