5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar Or Tazer DT

plimmy

Reaction score
I’ve been contemplating purchasing one of these systems. Main reasons are for clearing stupid tpms codes and weather warnings. Next is performance enhancements as I had the PC on my 4runner and loved it, but I’m ok with my stock Rebel performance.

any comparison between the two? Big cost difference. Any issues? I see pulsar has a bunch of connection problems.

Or is there a way to recalibrate the tpms to 35’s on lower tire pressure than 55Psi? Haha.

thanks in advance!

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put on a replacement Pulsar that they shipped a few days ago because my first Pulsar kept throwing a check electronic stability control code. No charge for the updated unit so long as I ship the old one back to them which I’ll do Saturday.

I really like the Pulsar’s performance mode.

Can’t comment on the Tazer, as I’ve never one.

plimmy

Reaction score
I just put on a replacement Pulsar that they shipped a few days ago because my first Pulsar kept throwing a check electronic stability control code. No charge for the updated unit so long as I ship the old one back to them which I’ll do Saturday.

I really like the Pulsar’s performance mode.

Can’t comment on the Tazer, as I’ve never one.
Thanks for that. Also can adjust the tire pressure and sensors? What about the annoying weather reports? Haha

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Also can adjust the tire pressure and sensors? What about the annoying weather reports? Haha
With the Pulsar, you can re-calibrate the speedo if you put on larger tires. Which I did. That's a nice function too.

Alptbird

Reaction score
Probably to late to answer the OP but the pulsar and the Tazer DT are two different creatures with common features. Pulsar is a performance enhancer. That can do some common changes. The Tazer DT just modifies custom features. tire size, led lights splash screens, activates Trailer brake controller, etc. pulsar tweak inputs to make the computer think conditions are different giving you a performance boost. and it has the ability when working properly change some of the same things as the Tazer DT. so what are you after? change some configurations, got Tazer DT, want some added performance and some configuration changes Pulsar. but from what I am reading and hearing the Pulsar isn't 100% yet. so for anyone else that happens to read this and was wondering what the OP was asking too, there you have the basic of it.

Users who are viewing this thread