5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulsar installed

canative

Reaction score
Just installed the Pulsar on my '19 Big Horn, what a difference in throttle response! I set it to performance, no MDS. Brakes traction really easy, no delay. I didn't feel any "lurching" as some have described. I only drove a few miles so far, bu I like what I feel so far. When I first turned on I didn't have any Sirius but after about 10 min. went back to normal. Feels like more HP also. So far so good.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the Pulsar on my '19 Big Horn, what a difference in throttle response! I set it to performance, no MDS. Brakes traction really easy, no delay. I didn't feel any "lurching" as some have described. I only drove a few miles so far, bu I like what I feel so far. When I first turned on I didn't have any Sirius but after about 10 min. went back to normal. Feels like more HP also. So far so good.
I like it too. There’s a before and after dyno pull video on here where the dyno showed significant increase in HP. I run my truck in Performance mode all the time. Just like the extra umpft. :)

canative

Reaction score
Now I just have to adjust my takeoffs! If I takeoff as usual, I now will leave some rubber behind!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Did you order it straight from Pulsar? I love the tune, No need for a more aggressive tune.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
How do you know if you have the latest update? Trying to find info on this.

Pulsar.jpeg

Captain Stack

Reaction score
How do you know if you have the latest update? Trying to find info on this.

View attachment 32023
The representative from Diablo Sport seemed surprised when I told him that it could be updated via the OBDII port. Said "why would you ever do that?" This was during the discussions we were having in order for him to send me a new unit, as the previous Pulsar had gone haywire after a couple of weeks. I have yet to install the new one, maybe this week. I will update this thread with any relevant experiences I have.

Cross88

Reaction score
I just got an email response from edge stating that initially their were some issues, and I quote “connections not making contact where they should, but issues have sense been resolved”. And Incase anyone was wondering they offer a military discount, you just have to order directly thru them and over the phone.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I realize I’m bringing an old thread to life but how are you guys liking the pulsar? Any issues? Still running it?
Still running mine 99.9% in Performance mode. I like the extra umpf that it gives the truck.

I occasionally getting a service electronic throttle control code which puts the truck in some kind of limp mode where the throttle doesn't work correctly. I can turn the engine off and back on and while the service engine light stays on for a while, the service electronic throttle control lights go off and the truck runs fine.

I don't know if this is due to the Pulsar or not. I believe some folks who don't have a Pulsar are having this happen. I need to find time to take the truck to the dealership for them to check out.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Still running mine 99.9% in Performance mode. I like the extra umpf that it gives the truck.

I occasionally getting a service electronic throttle control code which puts the truck in some kind of limp mode where the throttle doesn't work correctly. I can turn the engine off and back on and while the service engine light stays on for a while, the service electronic throttle control lights go off and the truck runs fine.

I don't know if this is due to the Pulsar or not. I believe some folks who don't have a Pulsar are having this happen. I need to find time to take the truck to the dealership for them to check out.
I had this same exact issue 2 weeks after installing my Pulsar. Diablo Sport has sent me a new unit that I have yet to install.
I had a grounding issue prior to installing the first Pulsar that I actually fixed by "cleaning" the ground attachment point. The dealer said they could not find any other issues. The truck ran great for a few months until I installed the Pulsar. Now that the Pulsar has been off the truck for a few weeks I haven't had any issues. I will be giving the Pulsar another shot though, when I install the new unit next week.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this same exact issue 2 weeks after installing my Pulsar. Diablo Sport has sent me a new unit that I have yet to install.
I had a grounding issue prior to installing the first Pulsar that I actually fixed by "cleaning" the ground attachment point. The dealer said they could not find any other issues. The truck ran great for a few months until I installed the Pulsar. Now that the Pulsar has been off the truck for a few weeks I haven't had any issues. I will be giving the Pulsar another shot though, when I install the new unit next week.
So the truck threw the service electronic throttle control code yesterday afternoon. Stopped, turned the truck off, started it again, and all was fine except the check engine light stayed on.

When I got home, I disconnected the negative battery cable and disconnected the two big connectors that plug and clamp into the Pulsar. I then re-tightened the screws holding the Pulsar onto the ECU. (They were fairly loose.) Reconnected the connectors onto the Pulsar, and reconnected the battery. Started the truck, and the engine light was off. Drove to work this morning, about 22 miles, and no issues.

Fingers crossed that re-tightening the Pulsar onto the ECU and removing and re-clamping the connectors solved the problem. Maybe something was loose and was not making a good connection. Time will tell I suppose.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I took the Pulsar off the truck this morning and have driven quite a bit today. The service electronic throttle control code has not come on. And recently with the Pulsar, it’s been coming on multiple times a day. Must be the Pulsar. I’ve sent them an email and I’m hoping they’ll send me a new unit. Without sport mode with the Pulsar, my truck feels downright sluggish.

Here’s an update. I contacted Pulsar about the code throwing. They’re sending me a new one. Should be here tomorrow. And I’ll ship the old one back to them. The new one should have the latest updates and hopefully it want throw the unwanted codes.

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you install your new Pulsar, Captain? If so, how’s it doing? Thanks.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting an update.......
Put the new Pulsar on last night and drove about 60 miles today in performance mode, which is about the only mode I use. The new unit did not throw a code and performance mode seems to be exactly like it was with the original Pulsar which I’ll be shipping back to them on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Installed my new Pulsar after sending the old one back. I drove a 2.5 hour roundtrip on the freeway (about 160 miles). I did some downtown driving as well (10 miles). It was raining moderately the entire time. I stayed in Performance Mode MDS OFF.

I had one anomaly that may actually be attributable to the rain? While downtown as I came to a stop at a light, the AUTO TRAILER sensing light illuminated. (I was not towing a trailer.) I quickly went to the settings page on my 12" screen and saw that AUTO mode was enabled for the trailer sensing system. Seconds later the yellow annunciator disappeared and did not return.

I had no other problems and the Pulsar performed as expected. I averaged 18 MPG in that mode for the round trip.

Will report back with any other information if needed. So far, so good.

Users who are viewing this thread