5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulling parking brake while in motion

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so I had to try to see what happens..the truck comes to a stop. there is a message that displays in the cluster that reads "dynamic braking active", and it feels like the ABS pump applies all 4 brakes first, not super aggressive, but it does stop quicker than you would driving normally, and once stopped, the parking brake latches if you continue to hold the switch.

If you only hold the switch for 1 or 2 seconds, its only active for 1 or 2 seconds..if you let it go, and the truck hasn't stopped yet, it will keep moving forward.

Just thought it might be good to know, you can stop the truck using the button in emergencies, ie. like if the brake pedal falls off your adjustable pedal equipped truck.

EStein

Reaction score
so I had to try to see what happens..the truck comes to a stop. there is a message that displays in the cluster that reads "dynamic braking active", and it feels like the ABS pump applies all 4 brakes first, not super aggressive, but it does stop quicker than you would driving normally, and once stopped, the parking brake latches if you continue to hold the switch.

If you only hold the switch for 1 or 2 seconds, its only active for 1 or 2 seconds..if you let it go, and the truck hasn't stopped yet, it will keep moving forward.

Just thought it might be good to know, you can stop the truck using the button in emergencies, ie. like if the brake pedal falls off your adjustable pedal equipped truck.

Thanks for doing that. I’ve been wanting to bad!

Rich

Reaction score
Since reading about the feature in the manual I've been meaning to trynit myself.

Good to know you can pulse it or momentarily use it.

How fast were you driving when you tried it? Didn't seem to want to lock up the brakes or was it a smooth stop/braking action?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t think it will lock up..it’s more just like a heavy foot on the pedal, but was a nice controlled stop, not just locking up the back two! I was about 25mph

Users who are viewing this thread