5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulling out tomorrow for our trip to Mississippi and then back through Santa Fe New Mexico

Davidbt

Reaction score
Heading to Mississippi tomorrow to visit my wife's last surviving sibling on her mom's side. She says it's her favorite Aunt. Going to be visiting Carlsbad caverns and the Mescolero reservation west of Ruidoso, New Mexico. Which is my wife's ancestry on her father's side. Then on to Santa Fe for a few days and then home through eastern Arizona just to see what it looks like. I will try to remember to take plenty of pictures along the way. Also looking forward to finally pulling our RV with the Cooper Dicoverer At3 XLT's. I'll be running 65lbs in the front and 70lbs in the rears to start out.

Davidbt

Reaction score
We did 1300+ miles in three and a half days. Stayed in rv parks in El Paso, Big Spring and Terrell Texas and finally Jackson Mississippi. We're setting in a rv park in Ruidoso last night and leaving for Santa Fe New Mexico tomorrow. 20231003_165052.jpg 20231002_155541.jpg 20231007_144930.jpg 20231015_171414.jpg

Davidbt

Reaction score
Safe travels my friend
Thanks, other than some rainy weather on the way to Mississippi, and some high winds heading back to Carlsbad New Mexico, it's been pretty uneventful. Spending two days in Santa Fe and then heading home Thursday.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Mississippi trip update. Got back yesterday afternoon. Feeling lucky that it was a pretty uneventful trip for the most part. Had a heavy thunderstorm the third night in Texas and drove through off and on heavy rain through Louisiana. Had some heavy wind leaving Big Spring, Texas to Carlsbad, New Mexico. Didn't like Santa Fe, mostly shopping, which I didn't take part in. My wife and sisters in law enjoyed the two days there though. 20231009_121359-1.jpg A picture of the Union battleship USS Cairo. Pretty damn cool. This was in Vicksburg, Mississippi.set 20231015_162357-2.jpg Setting in the parking lot of a horse monument in Ruidoso, New Mexico, across the corner from the Billy the Kid museum that was closed. 1892.jpeg A picture of our backside taken by my sister in law some where in Eastern Arizona on our way to Alpine, Arizona. We did roughly 3500 miles and averaged 11.1 MPG's.

drydocked

Reaction score
Nice pics. Did you notice a difference with the new tires? I tow basically the same camper (Jayco 21QB, 17k towing miles so far behind this truck) and I'm getting new tires this month to replace the OE Bridgestones. I'm going with a XL tire for the higher PSI and stiffer sidewall which should make a difference with the trailer behind.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Nice pics. Did you notice a difference with the new tires? I tow basically the same camper (Jayco 21QB, 17k towing miles so far behind this truck) and I'm getting new tires this month to replace the OE Bridgestones. I'm going with a XL tire for the higher PSI and stiffer sidewall which should make a difference with the trailer behind.
Definitely better towing experience. I'm really happy with the Cooper's, though they may never see any snow. We did have quite a bit of rain driving through Louisiana and they were great in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread