5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulling off decals?

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got my truck. Woot. Seriously, it's a great piece of engineering, design, and manufacturing.

I wanted a "slick" exterior so I ordered the Decal Delete. Unfortunately, that (apparently) does not apply to the "Sport" stickers on the bed.

What is the best way to peel those factory-applied "Sport" stickers off the truck?

My idea is to use a heat gun, a plastic scraper, and hope for the best. Maybe some goo-gone or acetone (?) to clean off any residue.

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. If anyone is in the market for slightly used "Sport" decals, let me know. ;)

GATORB8

Reaction score
I would start with a good hair dryer and your hands and see if you can get any residue off with cleaner wax.

Reactions: c3k

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just use a hairdryer to heat one end, use your finger nail to lift the decal, the slowly pull it off. Don't use the acetone on the truck to remove adhesive. It's quite harsh.

Ramjack

Reaction score
I've got my truck. Woot. Seriously, it's a great piece of engineering, design, and manufacturing.

I wanted a "slick" exterior so I ordered the Decal Delete. Unfortunately, that (apparently) does not apply to the "Sport" stickers on the bed.

What is the best way to peel those factory-applied "Sport" stickers off the truck?

My idea is to use a heat gun, a plastic scraper, and hope for the best. Maybe some goo-gone or acetone (?) to clean off any residue.

Thoughts???

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. If anyone is in the market for slightly used "Sport" decals, let me know. ;)

Do you still get all the badges (e.g. RAM, Bighorn/Laramie/Limited, etc) with the "decal delete"?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hair dryer, fingers and goo gone.
I park with the sticker exposed to the sun (to heat up the decal and body panel), a hair dryer for added heat (won't get as hot as a heat gun so you can't damage the area), my fingernails to remove the decal, then isopropyl alcohol (at least 70%) to remove the residue.

TTU14

Reaction score
It's just vinyl, should come right off. My used truck came with the rebel hood decal and I pulled it off in about 30 seconds.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you still get all the badges (e.g. RAM, Bighorn/Laramie/Limited, etc) with the "decal delete"?
Yes...all of those are there.

Thanks for the pointers about pulling it off.

Something to do tomorrow after a cup of coffee. (And, I'm going to shop for some overlays to cover some of the chromy things.)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed mine with just a heat gun on low setting and my finger nails. No reason to bust out the plastic scrapers!

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heat gun at the ready, today, parked in the sun on a 65-70 day, I started to peel the "Sport" decals off. Easy peasy. Just a dab of heat, some steady pulling, and they came right off. Now, I am incognito. ;)

TPA-RAM

Reaction score
I let mine sit outside a bit in the Florida sun. Gives it enough heat. They peaked off super easy. A little residue left over but it cleans up super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread