5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pulley that seem a little odd

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I am kind of ashamed of that new post but i couldn’t find a good picture of other engines to tell if mine was missing a cap or something.

See the pulley on the picture, i am not sure if there shiuld be a cap on the thread that shows past the pulley (and already kinda rusted)....
Any confirmation from V8 without etorque owners?
fb14a927a05e320226a91b81f2c32de8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Normal.

In the olden days the fan would screw on there. They just didn't bother changing things - it simplifies parts inventory.

Reaction score
Awesome thanks!

Somehow I wasn’t good enough to find that older thread.
It is crazy that they still take time to machine a thread on that pulley for no reason.

Konrad

Reaction score
Awesome thanks!

Somehow I wasn’t good enough to find that older thread.
It is crazy that they still take time to machine a thread on that pulley for no reason.

They still have to provide spare parts for older models, also this same pulley is more than likely being used in different applications with mechanical fan (heavy-duty trucks, if I'm not mistaken. Would make absolutely no financial or logistical sense to manufacture two versions, with and without the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread