5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pull the trigger or wait, last day tomorrow

mxracer32

Reaction score
So ive been mulling over either a decked out laramie with most of the options or just going with a limited. i like the limited's lights but im not a fan of chrome. for resale value though and some of the extra added features (cooling rear seats) im pretty set on the limited. i can deal with chrome mirror, grill and moulding down the side. going with white so for me it doesnt look as tacky imo. anyways, tomorrow and jan 2nd are the last day for incentives for this month. There is one truck that meets my criteria about 45 minutes from me. the only downfall is it has e-torque and not that i wanted to stay away from it, i just cant justify the price of it. this dealership has the limited with body color bumpers, pano roof, hardon kardon, and everything else that comes stock on a limited, marked down to $58,062. MSRP is $67,655. plus tax/tag and 599 doc fee. That is whats listed on their website. im sure it could come down a hair more in person but not much. my big question is, pull the trigger now, even with this e-torque, or wait? Ordering is an option too but i would miss out on the big finish pricing. assuming january and the next few months will be dismal for incentives. (tax season, people have money to throw at cars, incentives usually go down im told)

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So ive been mulling over either a decked out laramie with most of the options or just going with a limited. i like the limited's lights but im not a fan of chrome. for resale value though and some of the extra added features (cooling rear seats) im pretty set on the limited. i can deal with chrome mirror, grill and moulding down the side. going with white so for me it doesnt look as tacky imo. anyways, tomorrow and jan 2nd are the last day for incentives for this month. There is one truck that meets my criteria about 45 minutes from me. the only downfall is it has e-torque and not that i wanted to stay away from it, i just cant justify the price of it. this dealership has the limited with body color bumpers, pano roof, hardon kardon, and everything else that comes stock on a limited, marked down to $58,062. MSRP is $67,655. plus tax/tag and 599 doc fee. That is whats listed on their website. im sure it could come down a hair more in person but not much. my big question is, pull the trigger now, even with this e-torque, or wait? Ordering is an option too but i would miss out on the big finish pricing. assuming january and the next few months will be dismal for incentives. (tax season, people have money to throw at cars, incentives usually go down im told)
Us old guys who love the CD player also love chrome:)

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about the discounts personally. The discounts just seem to get better and better over time. Even if they don’t, they don’t go away from where they are now. Find your perfect vehicle, don’t compromise and then work the price.

Stickherbush

Reaction score
My local dealer seemed VERY interested in making any possible deal they could to boost their numbers before the end of the year. I’m glad I went ahead and pulled the trigger last week. I’m really enjoying driving mine around.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
The only other incentives worth waiting for are usually Presidents’ Day sales but that only an extra $500

grinch72

Reaction score
I bought a decked out Laramie, sticker was over $68k because of the same reason. Didn't like the front of the limited but the more I look at it the more I like and at this point I wish I went with a limited. I say pull the trigger and go with it.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
Us old guys who love the CD player also love chrome:)
I must be old goin on 39 but I like chrome mixed in. Maybe it's a 90's thing. Haha

Attachments

• 385512459.png
    385512459.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 53

jk101

Reaction score
if youre financing and qualify for the Chrysler 0% now is the time as thats about to end

MCPT1

Reaction score
Rear seats on my Limited are heated but not cooled, I do recall reading a review or two indicating that they were both heated and cooled...not my experience, anyone else?

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Rear seats on my Limited are heated but not cooled, I do recall reading a review or two indicating that they were both heated and cooled...not my experience, anyone else?

They have ventilated seat on one of the upper packages

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah mine are heated and cooled. Part of the level 1 equipment group.

RenoRam

Reaction score
Have to 100% agree with @troutspinner. Dont compromise and get what you want. There are always deals/incentives going on. Good luck!

SacRebel

Reaction score
Even though I didn’t get the exact truck I wanted, the 0% for 72-months Chrysler financing made us buy before the 1/2 deadline. With rates rising we figured this might be our last chance to get killer financing.

muller1414

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as OP. I have a lease ending the end of Feb and was considering jumping on the end of year deals. If you track prices paid over the past couple of months you will see there is always good deals if your willing to put in the work. If rebates go down then dealer discounts often go up. Horrible January weather here in the midwest often leads to hungry dealers by months end.

Scott1976

Reaction score
I have been negotiating with a local dealer on a Laramie with the sport package. On 12/31 they told me they contacted another dealer that had the truck I wanted and they could do a dealer trade to get it. Today they call me and tell me the dealer who has the truck will not do a dealer trade now. Anyone else had this issue?

geotex1

Reaction score
I have been negotiating with a local dealer on a Laramie with the sport package. On 12/31 they told me they contacted another dealer that had the truck I wanted and they could do a dealer trade to get it. Today they call me and tell me the dealer who has the truck will not do a dealer trade now. Anyone else had this issue?

Happens more frequently than you may think unfortunately. For me personally, this is what brought me to my first RAM in 2013 after shenanigans between GMC dealers.

You should be able to find the dealer with the truck you want fairly easily if you do not already know. Maybe you're better off dealing direct. There's no obligation to return to that dealer after the sale for warranty or service.

Users who are viewing this thread