5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pull Forward OR Back Up w/ Driver Door Open?

ebland0724

Reaction score
Anyone know how to override the lock out that wont allow you to pull up or back up with the driver door open. I do this alot when connecting/disconnecting the trailer, or moving the truck in the driveway (so kids/wife can get their vehicle out)... You can put the gear selector in D or R with the door open and foot on break but when you take your foot off and try to move, the breaks lock and the shifter goes to P.

ebland0724

Reaction score
Click your main seatbelt in and it will allow it. Meaning click it and then you can sit upon a clicked in seatbelt.
Thanks, PorBoy, I shoulda thought about that... I need to get one of those seatbelt clicker accessories.

PhilBilly

Reaction score
Click your main seatbelt in and it will allow it. Meaning click it and then you can sit upon a clicked in seatbelt.
May also have to manually disengage the parking brake too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

ebland0724

Reaction score

ebland0724

Reaction score
Or something like this...
That way you can just leave it plugged into your seatbelt all the time and still use your seatbelt.
Now I like this idea! It allows you to keep the accessory plugged in AND you can use your seatbelt as usual.

ldoh

Reaction score
I tried backing up the other day with the tailgate down and the auto brakes decided otherwise. There are a handful of scenarios when one needs to backup when the tailgate is down. I'll look for an override for the next time.

ramhead

Reaction score
I know some people need more "protection" than others... I already know that coffee is hot... :p

IKR?? Pretty soon forks will be stamped "DON'T POKE IN EYE" , knives saying "DON'T STICK IN ELECTRICAL OUTLETS" and on and on.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don’t ya’ just love all the “safety nanny” stuff we now have to deal with?
some is nice, a lot is too invasive. i bought my Ltd without the level 1 package with adaptive cruise and auto braking cause it wasn’t worth it to me to spend $2000 for a ft and side camera.

ldoh

Reaction score
It just dawned on me I can disable the blind side/parking sensors with the toggle buttons on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread