5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puddle light wiring color and location?

kkniskern

Reaction score
Use the wire that is going to your courtesy lights as a trigger for a relay, and bring a new hot wire directly from the battery to power them. that way the computer doesn't see the drain on the circuit, and the lights come on and off with the courtesy lights.

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpeg
    IMG_1671.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1666.jpeg
    IMG_1666.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 36

kkniskern

Reaction score
Use the wire that is going to your courtesy lights as a trigger for a relay, and bring a new hot wire directly from the battery to power them. that way the computer doesn't see the drain on the circuit, and the lights come on and off with the courtesy lights.
I tied into the wire bundle under the moulding on drivers rear door. Tan wire is courtesy lights.

rwo978

Reaction score
Never got the direct answer to this, even after reading the replies.

'19 1500 is gone, '22 1500 replaced it.

I used the white/green trace on the upper right most plug on the white board by the driver's kick panel. This also ran the overhead console center illumination LED. So, I had to keep that turned all the way down, or the white would override the amber marker/turn leds, which was annoying. Would rather just tap the puddle lights.

So, back again with the same question. Because I'll do the exact same install again, just want it wired differently.

Users who are viewing this thread