5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puddle light circuit

19RamBC

Reaction score
I have some led strips that go under my cab and illuminate like the puddle lights do (but only better) does anybody know where i can tap into the same circuit as the puddle light so they come on with an unlock/door open. 2019 Ram 1500 Cheers

Gunny1213

Reaction score
When I installed my running board lights I connected to the footwell lights - I connected both passenger and driver side together and ran 1 wire to the footwell light and tapped into the wire from the connector. There are three wires associated with the connector a Black wire, Yellow wire and the Yellow wire w/purple stripe. I tapped into the yellow w/purple stripe and my side board lights up anytime the doors are opened or locked/unlocked same as your dome & footwell lights.

braggster

Reaction score
I tapped into a wire in the drivers door. Don't remeber the color. My lights would come on when the door was locked/unlocked or open. My lights and the puddle lights would flicker though. I could never figure out why.

19RamBC

Reaction score
When I installed my running board lights I connected to the footwell lights - I connected both passenger and driver side together and ran 1 wire to the footwell light and tapped into the wire from the connector. There are three wires associated with the connector a Black wire, Yellow wire and the Yellow wire w/purple stripe. I tapped into the yellow w/purple stripe and my side board lights up anytime the doors are opened or locked/unlocked same as your dome & footwell lights.

I always forget about the lights under the dash but yes that would work perfectly thxs

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

thanks so much for the tip (y) ...i was going to put in rear lights for the back seats.just was not sure which wire to use.but with the info you just gave....:love:(y)!

starbai

Reaction score
I'm not sur I love the idea of tapping the wire directly though. You're running to a light that's outside and could be damaged by water or hitting something etc and short out. It probably wouldn't be an issue, but do you have a fuse in line with the tapping of this wire?

Is there a fuse in that fuse box under the dash that's specific to the puddle lights?

Users who are viewing this thread