5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proud new owner of a '22 Ram Rebel

DrDBDDO

Reaction score
Just bought a '22 Ram Rebel and loving it! However, we drove from CO to ID, interstates and state highways, couldn't get it to go into Eco Mode!? Even coasting on cruise control. It does go into Eco Mode around town, driving 15-20 mph, I get the light and the chime. Anyone know why. My average MPG is not what I was hoping for.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just bought a '22 Ram Rebel and loving it! However, we drove from CO to ID, interstates and state highways, couldn't get it to go into Eco Mode!? Even coasting on cruise control. It does go into Eco Mode around town, driving 15-20 mph, I get the light and the chime. Anyone know why. My average MPG is not what I was hoping for.

Welcome aboard! Not sure why no Eco on the highway unless you were booking it, or set the gear limit to 8 or in tow haul mode?

As for the mpg, you will soon find out the mpg on the Rebel is an outright lie. Mainly that it's the same stated across the board on the 1500 line-up regardless of trim, which technically FCA/Stellantis was allowed to do as per the EPA.

With that being said, the mandatory 33" tires, 1" increased front ride height, 3.92 rear axle and no front valance or grill shutters results in lower mpg than stated on the sticker.

I get about 13 mpg mixed driving, but often in the 11 mpg with more biased city driving, I think I can get maybe 15-17 mpg if I take it easy on the highway. That seems to be what most Rebel owners will state on this forum, though there are a few outliers that somehow managing higher.

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I live in Florida and get similar mileage as SD Rebel stated. The 3.92 gears are probably the biggest culprit in the ECO mode not engaging. Driving at 30mph in my neighborhood, on mostly flat ground, ECO turns on, but immediately turns off when any change in grade happens. When traveling, I can't get ECO to come on over 70mph. Probably too much drag on a Rebel with AT tires that the wind resistance at 70 requires just enough power to turn ECO off.

I turned off the chime when it activates as it becomes annoying since it doesn't stay on very long.

Users who are viewing this thread