5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protection Package: How many physical skid plates are installed?

Big Tup

Reaction score
Hi,
If you have ordered the Protection Package on your Ram, how many physical skid-plates are installed on your truck? Have you looked underneath the truck and counted? The Protection Package I ordered to be included in the build of my 2021 limited longhorn is to include the Front Suspension Skid Plate, Steering Gear Skid Plate, Transfer -case Skid Plate and the Fuel Tank Skid plate. That's a total of four skid plates (or four areas of coverage?). Mine has three, and I'm guessing that the Front Suspension Skid plate and the Steering Gear Skid plate are one-in-the-same, thus three total skid plates. What do you have?

Big Tup

Reaction score
Thank you for your post. I am aware that protection package comes with four, as I pointed that out in my post. However, my truck and everyone else that ordered the package only have 3 physical skid plates, so perhaps Ram has a bit of a "word game" going on. I believe that the suspension skid plate and steering gear skid plate are one in the same. You can go to store.mopar.com and also find that there is no such thing as a steering gear skid plate available.

Big Tup

Reaction score
Thank you for your post. I am aware that protection package comes with four, as I pointed that out in my post. However, my truck and everyone else that ordered the package only have 3 physical skid plates, so perhaps Ram has a bit of a "word game" going on. I believe that the suspension skid plate and steering gear skid plate are one in the same. You can go to store.mopar.com and also find that there is no such thing as a steering gear skid plate available.
I looked around and only saw 3 on mine as well.
thanks for taking the time to look at yours and reply!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. That was my bad. I read the thread title without really reading your post. I shouldn't have stepped into this thread. But now I'm curious about this steering gear skid plate. I want to take a look at my daughter's Rebel and see what she has. If I see her in the near future that is LOL. Damn kids never come home to visit anymore. :(

Big Tup

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. That was my bad. I read the thread title without really reading your post. I shouldn't have stepped into this thread. But now I'm curious about this steering gear skid plate. I want to take a look at my daughter's Rebel and see what she has. If I see her in the near future that is LOL. Damn kids never come home to visit anymore. :(
No problem and i appreciated you taking the interest and time to respond in the first place :)

Users who are viewing this thread