5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protection Group

ballgame168

Reaction score
Anyone know if the protection group can be added aftermarket (front suspension skid plate, fuel tank skid plate, steering gear skid plate, transfer case skid plate)?

stubright

Reaction score
Should be able to buy the individual parts, I think it is the best value option (250.00 when I ordered)

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I agree, you should be able to get all via Mopar.com

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just remember that weight affects mileage and performance. Get the parts you need based on how you will be using the truck.

Ram204

Reaction score
When I ordered my Laramie 4x4, I was told the protection group was not available to order as a stand alone option, the only way it was available was to order the off road package which I didn't want. The Ram site shows it as an option but the dealer said it wasn't available.

Scotts Ram#2

Reaction score
When I ordered my Laramie 4x4, I was told the protection group was not available to order as a stand alone option, the only way it was available was to order the off road package which I didn't want. The Ram site shows it as an option but the dealer said it wasn't available.
You can order it from mopar and have it installed. They just won't let it be added as a standalone option from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread