5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protection for plastic trim.

TBfshr

Reaction score
I used some 303 spray to protect my plastic trim on my mirrors, bumper and even the sport hood inserts but I have noticed it seems to be washing off and looks discolored. What is everyone else using to protect the plastic on your trucks from UV fading?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't tried this yet but I'm planning on it soon. It seems everything else is water based and washes off.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I researched Cerakote. I have not used it but I have seen some youtubers test it. Project Farm tested it against some of the more popular stuff and it held up the best. They claim it lasts 200 washes. 5 would be fine with me. It is ceramic. I'm going to try it soon. Just need time for a detail.

Attachments

• 71zQ2cbpawL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    71zQ2cbpawL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 28

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used some 303 spray to protect my plastic trim on my mirrors, bumper and even the sport hood inserts but I have noticed it seems to be washing off and looks discolored. What is everyone else using to protect the plastic on your trucks from UV fading?
I use 303 too. You have to buff excess off. Not sure if you tried that.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far I have using 303 as well, I think it works well to protect it from fading. If your trim is already faded then I would try something like gtechniq C4.

KCViper

Reaction score
I use a number of Adams Polishes products and they have great products and customer service. I use VRT on all my trim and it really helps...last for many washes then reapply.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I used to own a cladded Chevrolet Avalanche back in the day, and they were notorious for having faded, zebra striped TPO plastic from the mold release agents reacting from the heat of the sun. GM's TSB was the application of TS1. The product is awesome and in the 7 years of ownership, only applied it twice. The plastic looked perfect! It's the only plastic treatment that I use on all my vehicles as needed.

Attachments

• 20200305_172954.jpg
    20200305_172954.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200305_172959.jpg
    20200305_172959.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 44

MikeMatty

Reaction score
I haven't tried this yet but I'm planning on it soon. It seems everything else is water based and washes off.

Can that same solution be used on the built to serve grill? Grill is from the tradesman

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Try CeraTrim from the company called "The Last Coat". It's kind of like Mother's Back to Black gel, but it's infused with SiO2 technology. I'm pretty happy with it. It does need reapplied every now and then, but not every wash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread