5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protection - Dogs in the back of crew cab?

Kone

Reaction score
My two labs will be riding in the back of my new crew cab so I'm looking to protect as much as possible from hair, smelly pond water, drool, etc. Right now I have A blanket draped from top of folded-up seat bottoms, down, and covering the entire floor but something canvas would be better. Anyone have a good option? Back in the bed in a no-go in my marriage lol. Thanks.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Duluth trading . Com. Or maybe you have a Duluth store close by. I got scouts mobile mud room and it is perfect for what your looking for. Sides zip up and clip closed. Easy install and easy to take out. You can clean it very simply. I have a Rottweiler and I had my Silverado for one year. I never have anyone in the back but my boy Rocco and when I traded in truck a couple of weeks ago I took the mobile mud room out and the back looked like it did coming out of the showroom. Just waiting for my rebel so I can install it in her. Rocco can’t wait either 🐕‍🦺

Kone

Reaction score
Duluth trading . Com. Or maybe you have a Duluth store close by. I got scouts mobile mud room and it is perfect for what your looking for. Sides zip up and clip closed. Easy install and easy to take out. You can clean it very simply. I have a Rottweiler and I had my Silverado for one year. I never have anyone in the back but my boy Rocco and when I traded in truck a couple of weeks ago I took the mobile mud room out and the back looked like it did coming out of the showroom. Just waiting for my rebel so I can install it in her. Rocco can’t wait either 🐕‍🦺
Sounds perfect, I'll check that out for sure. Thx

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know you can’t wait but if you sign up for their news letter you can usually get an email when they have 30 percent off. But that will instantly get you either 10 or 15 percent off. Great stuff they have. Better than carhartt if you are an outdoorsman or work in construction

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow I didn’t see that. Must be new. That would be awesome for underneath the mobile mud room. I’m gonna order that immediately. Thanks I hope you get the mud room it is awesome for our furry family members

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that’s a new product. But I am 100 percent sure you will enjoy their products if you haven’t seen them before. Awesome customer service also

Kone

Reaction score
Uh uh, no dogs on seats for me. To each their own tho.

Ideally I want something that clasps around the headrest, runs down back wall, covering the folded-up seats, then runs across the floor. If it covered some of the front seat backs even better.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah brother. Did you read the thread. Go look at scouts mobile mud room. That goes underneath it if your dog has a problem falling in.

Kone

Reaction score
Go look at scouts mobile mud room. That goes underneath it if your dog has a problem falling in.

I have two labs back there and they are lying on the floor, NOT on the seats. The seat bottoms are up. So, they don't have a problem falling in. I think I found a product that'll work for my purposes.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh ok. I see what your saying. My boy likes to stick his head out the window. I do think straps are long enough to make it to the floor. Check the specs on the mobile mid room. All I’m saying is great product. Not the thing that keeps them from falling. Scout’s mobile mud room by Duluth trading

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dog doesn’t have a problem falling in but once in a while I see him jerking around but I have it up on the seats

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bought that one for my hopefully soon to arrive truck. Had a different model that we used in my last truck but it was really more car size (for my gf's car, still worked fine but wanted a truck sized one this time). Although this does have them on the seat, they wouldn't be falling into the space in between. We have a smaller dog (around 45-50 pounds) so this was a good solution for us if anyone else is looking.

Kone

Reaction score
I must be the only sob dog owner who doesn't let the dogs on the back seats! Heck, put the seat bottoms up and they have that huge crew cab floor all to themselves. Makes me jealous. My labs don't care about looking out windows, they get in there and zonk out until we get where we're going. Plus, it's easier jump into the truck (gotta watch those hips).

Seat guys... do your dogs jump onto the floor from the outside then up onto the seats?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guy is like a big baby. He jumps up with his front legs and waits for me to pick his hind legs up and throw him in. Thank god he’s on the smaller side for a Rottweiler. 103 lbs. I never thought to fold the seats up. It is a good idea. Don’t know why I never tried. Either way the seat saver I got will work for that too. I have the straps as short as they go to be on the seats. When I get my new truck I’m gonna try your idea. Dealer eta for my new rebel is 6/11-6/16

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must be the only sob dog owner who doesn't let the dogs on the back seats! Heck, put the seat bottoms up and they have that huge crew cab floor all to themselves. Makes me jealous. My labs don't care about looking out windows, they get in there and zonk out until we get where we're going. Plus, it's easier jump into the truck (gotta watch those hips).

Seat guys... do your dogs jump onto the floor from the outside then up onto the seats?

Oh yeah our dog would hate that, not being able to see anything. And she might sleep after an hour or two maybe, but she wants to see what's going on until she gets tired. She does plenty of lounging around the house so when it's time to go anywhere outside of the house she is a full go (she's also only 4 so lots of energy). She also was not very good riding in the truck at first at all, between being anxious and throwing up, it was a slow start for her. Between cbd treats, the back seat divider thing and some fresh air, she's good to go these days.

As for your question, since ours doesn't weigh that much we can just lift her in and out. Although she's young with plenty of ability to get in and out on her own so she does that as well at times. Like you said though, I'd like to prevent any unnecessary wear and tear over time so we limit that and lift her in and out a good amount of the time.

lukesteeler89

Reaction score
I have a quad cab so the room is definitely lacking. My 110 lb Great Pyrenees jumps in with ease, and I also only let him in with the seats up. (He doesn't have a problem seeing out the window standing. ) I have been looking for something that only wraps around the bottom of the seats (like a seat cover), because Great Pyrenees = hair everywhere! Sadly I have not found anything that exist. I have tried a few "Hammock style" dog covers, but none of them accomplished my issue; so I may have to find someone handy with a sewing machine and buy fabric and make my own cover. The easy fix was just using a fitted sheet to wrap around the seats. If I custom make something I will post pictures.

Kone

Reaction score
This looks slick. I actually bought it, then canceled it after thinking more about how high the price is. It's for a crew cab but maybe can be easily adapted for a quad by strategically folding it over? I bought one of their "blankets" instead for a lot less $ and will give that a try before investing in this, if needed. My dogs are pretty good about lying down and I'm petty good about vacuuming regularly. That's the key.

BigEarl62

Reaction score
Here’s what I do. Three mutts in the back of the cab. Seat bottoms folded up. A twin fitted sheet wrapped around covering the bottom of the seat bottoms. I twin sized mattress pad on the floor tucked under the floor mats. Two dog beds on top of that. Works great so far. They do get dog hair In the door storage compartments but is easy to wipe out with a microfiber towel. They have been great travelers back there.

Users who are viewing this thread