5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protecting painted bumpers on Sport 1500

Bradleys

Reaction score
I have noticed that the front bumper on my Delmonico Red Sport is getting hit by a lot of road debri.

Has anyone applied the clear plastic film on their bumpers to protect them?

geotex1

Reaction score
My 2014 Sport had the bumper, grille, partial hood, leading edge of fenders, A-pillars and all the front lights done with Xpel. Money well spent and I got top dollar for that truck! I drive a lot on less than stellar roads so I consider Paint Protection Film a must for me!

wwalljr

Reaction score
I did the 3M stuff on my truck. Nearly impossible to see it. Installer did a nice job.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my bumper protected with Xpel. Money well spent, can't see it and no rock chips.

Last edited:

Bradleys

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i am trying to figure out what a reasonable cost for the install would be on just the front bumper area.

borden72

Reaction score
I have the partial hood, bumper, mirrors, headlights, A pillars, above the windshield and door pockets done. I'm going to get the grille done as well. They are looking into the best way to do that one.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks guys, i am trying to figure out what a reasonable cost for the install would be on just the front bumper area.

Probably $300-$400. I had the bumper including the plastic pieces under the headlights, brow and a mini kit for the hood for like $800.

geotex1

Reaction score

You don't say where you're located, and that's important as some markets have a ridiculous markup on PPF! One of Xpel's best applicators is a good friend. For the 5th Gen, his regular retail price for the bumper is $575, and this includes full prep of the bumper (wash, IronX treatment, claying, and a light polish to strip any remaining wax or coating) and then application of Xpel Ultimate. Note that the bumper package includes covering the filler pieces between the headlights and bumper, which some of us like to call the "cheeks."

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score
Numerous people on the forum have, I have Xpel on mine.
Xpel is the only brand i would ever use. Its top notch and i have lots of success with. Ask around to find the beat installer. A great product like xpel can be ruined with a poor installer. I have xpel and its great.

Users who are viewing this thread